Severe headache for weeks, doctors can't find why

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone.

I have a big problem, that made me go and register on many forums and groups online, to help with my friend's sickness. He is now 8 days in the hospital with severe headache almost all day, and no doctor can find what's wrong with him. I will try to tell you about the symptoms, and the many tests he did, but no results, all shown he is as healthy as it gets.

I want to apologise in advance for any grammar or medical mistake I might make when trying to describe his condition.

Last two months he has been having fever (febrile) up to 38c. Especially short time after he woke up in the morning. Also he started seeing white dots many times during the day (the white blood cells we have in the eyes I guess). His blood pressure changes drastically many times during the day, going from 90-40, up to 190-120. He also shakes during the day a couple of times and loses conscience. When the headache starts it feels like his back of the head is heating a lot, then he looses conscience and shakes.

This is the list of tests he did, and nothing showed in them sad

- hematology test

- immunology test

- echo test for the heart, kidney, blood vessels, abdomen

- acupuncture for the spine

- CRP

- Jaundice test

- Sedimentation

Also did test for infection, nothing shows. He is only using pills for the blood pressure, Nebilet 5mg, half pill every day.

Any ideas what this might be? What tests should he do next? He is so desperate, the headache is so unbearable sometimes that he starts hitting the wall with it, hoping it will go away.. This is so bad sad

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi

So sorry to hear about your very ill friend.

The spine acupuncture , do you mean they took fluid from the spine to test? If not, he should have it done (a lumber puncture).

Also an CAT scan then MRI should be done.

I hope this helps in some way and your friend gets relief very soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.