Severe headaches

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been getting severe headaches for the past month. I'm not sure if it's because of the seizures or something else. Does anyone know. 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Dear Pwincess,

After having seizures you can have headaches for some time. Having seizures is tramic on the nervious system, exhausting. The headaches are the after effects. Memory can be affected, balance and motor skills etc. I still get seizures but not so often now. Getting enough sleep is very important and drinking enough water. 

Sincerely, Mary

• Posted

Hi I have NEAD and have had for the last 13 years.

As I child I suffered badly with migraine attacks and over the years I have noticed the attacks have become more frequent maybe it is due to the NEAD?

I see a pain management consultant now and I am on the highest dose of amitryptyline.

I have also just had a nerve block done on both sides of my obciptical nerve to help with the migraines but unfortunately this only lasted for 6 weeks before wearing off.

Over the years I have had to change myself style very considerably and I now watch no TV as I find I am very sensitive to light, I try not to eat dairy.

Also regular meal and sleeping times does help although if you are like me I go from being an insomniac to sleeping all the hrs I can.

I have made hundreds of seizure diary over the yrs but this just led to more frustration when they couldn't find any patterns or links.

Please let me know how you get on the worse thing I find about NEAD is people's ability to understand

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.