Severe headaches

Posted , 3 users are following.

Has anyone ever experienced SEVERE, daily headaches as a result of taking Levothyroxine or Nexium?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

YES. Migraines so bad I thought I might have a stroke.
    • Posted

And NO ONE believes me! Not Primary Care, not Neurologist, not Pharmacists, and not any of my relatives.

What did you do? The migraines are so bad I was planning on getting Botox as soon as I can get an appointment, but now that I figured out about the Levothyroxine, I'm thinking it might be a lot easier just to stop taking it.

• Posted

The headaches decreased over time and with dose adjusting, but never really went away. I switched meds a bunch of time for over two years. Every time I switched meds, I was completely out of it for a week.  Tried adjusting the dose. The meds didn’t work at any dose for me.  By this, I mean that even though I have advanced thyroid disease, I’m better without the meds. How nuts is that? 

Thyrogold is good, you can buy it online. Essential amino acids help a lot, also available online. I’m going to experiment a bit with phenylalanine to see if that helps.

• Posted

I have had these headaches for 8 years and they have only gotten worse.  They are now a #6-#10, every day, all day. Just checked something, I am on 14 prescription meds every day. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM list headaches as a side effect!!! So does Nasacort; which the doctor wants me to use, as well as Advil and Aleve; which he doesn't want me to take. He prescribed two different migraine meds last week. One caused another kind of headache that was MUCH worse and the other caused my BP to skyrocket from 112/72 to 188/88! At least around here, doctors are complete idiots!

• Posted

Hi Nshzhill, you’re on the right track. Check all your meds for side effects. You may discover, as I found that the cure is worse than the disease.

I gave up on my doctors. They can’t diagnose even the simplest thing, when I tell them what it is. Seriously, they sent me to PT for a foot injury, the PT and sports doc both said “it’s broken, go back and get a cast”,  and they still refused to diagnose. It wasn’t just the foot, it’s appendicitis, peritonitis, pancreatitis, and of course, complete denial that the Levo causes any problems.

Turmeric helps with inflammation and migraines, parsley caps help with water retention.

• Posted

I have decided to go to a Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, rather than a Medical Doctor, because Doctors of Osteopathic Medicine believe in natural cures, changing of diet, and stuff like that; instead of chemical medications. I checked with my insurance company about 15 minutes ago, there is one roughly 5 minutes from my house (but I don't like or trust the organization she works for) and one 25 minutes from here (and I trust the organization she works for).

• Posted

Hi Nshzhill, someone else recently suggested I try an osteopath, seating they deal with more structural as well. Let us know how it goes!
  • Posted

I have been having headache and I was just getting on this site to see if anyone  experiencing Headache while taking this medication and I also gain some weight to .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.