Severe headaches all the time, any help?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi Everyone,

I'm chasing some advice, I've been unwell for about three months now. Im a 27 year old woman, My symptoms include severe headaches, ringing in both ears, severe ear pain, vertigo and fatigue. I'm seen Neurologists, Doctors, Physiotherapy, I've had massages, I've tried all sorts of things. All of my tests, scans came up clear so my doctor has put me on medication for Meniere's Disease, it doesn't seem to be working, if anything my symptoms have worsen. I keep going back to the Doctor all they keep suggesting is taking anti depressants for the chronic headaches and just ride it out. I dont want to go on anti depressants I want to know why my head feels like it's going to explode from pain and pressure. I'm lost at what to do next. I'm also struggling to work and drive.

I do have an ear test in three weeks but I don't think I can wait that long.

Any advice or suggestions.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Leah,

Sorry to hear you are having so much trouble.

The headaches or migraines sounds like they are the most problem to you, so although you might be being treated for Meniere's Disease, you need something to treat the headaches also.  As a suggestion you could ask for Sumatriptan or other forms of triptan.  You can get it in injection, tablet a disolve on the tongue product and even a nasal spray. For me, these work very well and take the pain away quickly.

Good luck Leah and let us know how you get on.

Take care and best wishes

• Posted

have you had a recent eye test?
    • Posted

hi Jemstone. Yes I have. I wear glasses for driving and work.
    • Posted

could they be too strong or too weak and did you get them before or after or when your your headache started?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.