Severe Headaches please help

Posted , 2 users are following.

It all started with the dr noticed I have chiaroscuro malformation. It's only 3 mm and the tonsils don't hand down and they say their is plenty of room is the magnum foram. They sent me to have my eyes checked and said I'm not showing any head pressure and did a CsF flow. Nothing. I was referred to a neurologist for my migraines and they have done Botox 1x didn't really work and two nerve v

Blocks hasn't worked. I tried all the abortive medicines and the lovers blockers still no luck. I love daily with servers migraines'arms numb, ringing in my ears, leg spasms, you can't touch any part of my head or it hurts and I distorted bio. And feel like I am under water. Now I'm not sleeping even on sleep medicine. They have sent me to a pain clinic and seems like all they want to to do is dicuss stuff. I even tried over the counter, exercise, B vitamins, infusions, diet changes.

I live in San Antonio, any one have any ideas or a good doctors I can try a second opinion. I am currently at the UT Hospital

I am quickly loosing hope, I suffer from depression now, panic disorder and anxiety.

Please help!!

I love close to San andtoo

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I moved from Atlanta Ga after decompression at Emory University to Austin,Tx.

The symptoms you are describing sound like Chiari. If the csf is not blocked that could be the reason surgery is not being recommended. Plus the herniation is not large but that doesn't matter.

The challenges with Chiari is a lot of doctors don't have much knowledge. A good neurosurgeon can usually help. There's another group called Chiari UK and there are a lot of people that can help you. The doctors at Neuro Tx are good.

Personally, I suffer eye pain, ear pain, back pain, balance problems, swallowing, sometimes I can't talk, body pain. As you can see everyone is different. I'm in asst living.

I think the Chiari U.K. Can really help. Don't give up, there is help.

• Posted

Can you give me the number to the Neuro TX that you had mentioned?

Thank you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.