severe health anxiety

Posted , 5 users are following.

i have health anxiety and it,s ruining my life..Does any one have any proven  ideas on how to overcome this?

0 likes, 40 replies

Report / Delete

40 Replies

Next
  • Posted

You can't alone I'm afraid, therapy is the only way to find the root cause and help you overcome it ,meds can't do that for you
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi julia

What is it thats concerning you about health anxiety, do you have physical symptoms at at all?

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi ..ive gone from one worry to another..at the moment it,s my eyes.ive got floaters in my right eye and ive been to opticians (eventually plucked up the courage) and they said theres nothing wrong with my eyes..
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I get co stant eye floaters all the time, with anxiety in general we notice these more,the majority of people have these in abundance,but the brain tunes them out,with anxiety we notice them and become fixated on them,they are very normal but oh so annoying. With health anxiety in particular we go from one worry to the next,event if we do get reassurance then its never enough,so we carry on worrying,we even develop the physical symptoms of the thing we are worried about. The best advice until you can get some therapy for the root anxiety is to never ever Google symptoms, we all do it but its one of the worse things we can ever do
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I google everything..every time i finish work i come home and google things...as for the eye floaters yes it is horrible..i can live with it but hope they don,t get worse or i go blind..that,s my worry as you can probably imagine..
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

It's a common thing,everyone has them,as your anxiety is dealt with you'll notice them less like everyone who has them. Stop googling though,no good will come of it you'll only drive yourself crazy
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Yea that's the nature of it,not matter what anyone tells us we don't believe it,there's no way to reason with it,once your anxiety is being dealt with it really will stop
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thanks for your advice ..it,s really nice to know others feel the same way because i must admit i feel i,m going mad at times..i have to go out now so talk soon hopefully...
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi again..if you don,t mind me asking how many eye floaters do you have? and is it both eyes? mines mainly in the right eye but its quite a few...more like a web appearance..it,s really getting me down..
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I get a lot,one one more than others.anxiety doesn't actually cause them ,it just makes us more aware of them, and once we notice them it seems impossible to ignore. I've had an optician give me the all.clear too,its just something that happens to everyone, but those without anxiety learn to ignore them very quickly
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up