Severe health anxiety- does anyone else get a weird sensation down arm/hand?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been having severe anxiety for 2 months now and I can't cope with all the physical symtpoms. Everytime I get a symptom it sends me Into a panic. The symtpom that is bothering me the most now, it's hard to explain but it's like a wave of a light tingle downn arm into the hand. It kind of feels like a tickle sensation in palm of hand/fingers. Im also getting he heavy arms feeling like I just lifted weights. Does anyone else get this?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I guess it could be described as like a wave of like a chill sensation down arm into the hand. It doesn't hurt at all its just really annoying.
  • Posted

Hi, I would say notice what your schedule for the day is, and what kind of activity or what are you doing before you get this symptom? Knowing what your doing throughout the day could help you figure out a pattern of when you get the symptoms. Hope this helps a little
  • Posted

Maybe write down what you did before you get the symptom, that may help you figure out a pattern. After you find one, (this will prpbably take a while), remove the cause of your symptoms
    • Posted

I am fixated on it and think about it constantly. It seems to be worse or I seem to notice it more when im laying down doing nothing. Do you get this symptom at all? Do u have severe anxiety
  • Posted

hi tracy you are explaining classic pins and needles caused by you being so stressed ! the anxiety you are getting is what they call health anxiety i my myself worry about the slightest pain and headaches i particually worrying for me as i had a brain bleed 3 years ago so everytime i get a sore head my anxiety sores ! i hope you get well soon please let me know how your feeling david !
    • Posted

Hi David,

It doesn't feel like the pins and needles sensation when somwthing falls asleep. I guess it's more of the feeling like when it first wakes up the kind of tickly feeling. And it's just a quick wave of it every so often. Down my arm and in the palm of my hand on the right side only. I have had extreme anxiety for the past 2 months really bad I can't cope and evwry sensation sends me into a panic. This one comes and goes but I have it everyday. It's weird little feelings in the palm of my hand hard to describe but like a tickle or chill like feeling.

• Posted

Have you read into how anxiety actually effects the nerves..like me for instance I have a lot of muscle spasms. Where the term "nervous tick" came from. When the body is overly stimulated it can cause the nervous system to behave erratically, which can cause nerve impulses to fire erratically. Since nerve impulses control muscles, an erratically behaving nervous system can cause muscles to twitch, tingle, and burn. What you are having is very common for anxiety sufferers.
  • Posted

I getc that quite often. After feeling anxiety my fingers will feel tingly and arm aches.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.