Severe health anxiety is ruining my life

Posted , 3 users are following.

So I am 30. I've had anxiety since I was a young teen. It wasn't bad then. The last 4 years have been a night mare and the last year has been hell. I see a therapist and was told I should go on at I depressants to help. But, I'm terrified to take meds I have never taken before. I'm so afraid of having an allergic reaction and dying. My chest hurts all the time. It feels tight and hard to sswallow. My pulse races. My head feels dizzy and I shake. Get light headed. Panic. I'm constantly feeling like something is wrong, when there isn't. It has resulted in many ER visits. Dr visits and urge t care visits. My fiance is a trooper and loves me and does his best with me. So thankful for him. In was prescribed a proair inhaler which I just started using. Fiance actually sat in the ER parking lot so I could take it just in case. He indulged my anxiety. Made me feel safe. Well I was also prescribed klonopin 0.5th. I cut them into 4ths. I was terrified to take it. But I did. The inhaler and klonopin help but I don't want to be on meds. Anyone else have health anxiety and always worried they are sick or dying. Or afraid to take meds? Also I hate being alone. Even to run into the grocery store for 10 mins. Always worried ill pass out or something.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Anne yes i Have health anxiety every little thing is googled and is the big c it's awfull

• Posted

Hi Ann.

its like I wrote it myself Ann.

i am exactly the same as you word for word and some !!

same as you with meds , I will not even take antibiotics unless I’m sat in a hospital car park lol

its a crazy way to live huh.

ive been like it since age 15 now 53 so I understand exactly what your going through Ann.

your partner is a gem really he is !!

the thing is Ann , is as has been explained to me so many times , if it’s going to happen it’s going to happen and all the worrying in the world isn’t going to change a damn thing , so we’re just running on the spot and getting nowhere.

now we know this yet still can’t stop it , but I guess that’s fear spread thin .

worst thing is we are literally worrying ourselves to death.

we know it’s irrational for the most part, yet rational at the same time as many of our fears are founded and we unfortunately just know to much Ann.

its a terrible way to live but I’ve resigned myself to it’s the way I’m wired Ann. And I just do my best as I’m sure you do and I get on with life as best I can . I just routinely ask myself what happened in my childhood that’s inflicted my mind in this way .

right now I’m panicking because I’ve pulled a broken infected tooth and have swelling on the gum now and a lump and will not take antibiotics and now paranoid Ile get sepsis.

what a terrific mind I have , how wonderful. Lol.

i have never and will never take anti depressants and live like a brain dead 💀 mongral though !!

anytime any advice I’m here for you .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.