Severe Health Anxiety ruining my life.

Posted , 3 users are following.

For some time now I've been suffering with chronic health anxiety. Can't stop looking at my youngest making sure it's perfectly pink all the time, checking my glands in my neck at least 40 to 50 times a day, and no matter what people tell me that I'm fine it just seems as though I'm not!! Any help would be much appreciated...

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

• Posted

Tounge I mean not youngest sorry.
  • Posted

With my health anxiety I constantly focus on swallowing and a lump in my throat, the more I concentrate on it, the worst it gets. Therapy is a good if not the only proper way yo help you get over it
    • Posted

I've recently stopped therapy from recovering. I feel as though I'm being a pain in the doctors at least4 to 5 times a month 
    • Posted

Going to the docs a lot is understandable, but it won't help as no amount of reassurance is enough. Therapy really will help. There are different kinds so just because one type doesn't work doesn't mean none will
  • Posted

Hi there I have health anxiety and the thing that helps me most is hypnosis have a look on youtube for anxiety hypnosis do that as long as you can over as many days as you can and you'll see the difference 
    • Posted

Is called stop panic and anxiety hypnosis cd  the persons video is called Thomas hall
    • Posted

Keep me updated on how you get on with it head phones r best 👍
    • Posted

The problem is I'm only in my early. 20s I shouldn't be worried about silly little things like the colour of my tongue, I check my tongue at least 20 times a day making sure it's perfectly pink, and when it's not I get all worked up, lock myself away in my room, don't want to speak to nobody I mean I've just cleaned my teeth and tongue now for what 1minute and I'm still not happy with the whiteness of it... I'm not sure if it's my mind playing tricks on. Me because I'm so paranoid, just had enough to be honest (before and after picture of brushing) post brush after eating food and 6 hours before cleaned my teeth 
    • Posted

Sadly anxiety doesn't care about age. Like u I know my constant fixations are pointless and no amount of reassurance will help. Health anxiety is a branch of ocd, self treatment for it likely won't help long term. Please, see your doc then get referred to a therapist - its the only way you'll get long term relief. And don't Google for symptoms etc, we all do it but its the worse thing to do
    • Posted

I have a good supportive family but I just can't tell them how I feel, they know I have anxiety but don't know what it's like so they can't understand as good! Sometimes I just feel like packing my things and going and never coming back! Some days are good and some are very bad
    • Posted

Yes families and those not affected can't understand fully, they can support u though. And a therapist will understand very well, get the help u need from the best people, don't do it alone - there's just no need
    • Posted

For instance this morning woke up lovely, hour later started to worry, dizziness kicked in shaking all ditheryas I was making breakfast
    • Posted

There's no reasoning to it while ure in the middle of it, and ull drive ureself mad trying to find one, therapy will help u reason through it, without it I fear ull be bouncing off the walls
    • Posted

I live in quite a small village where everyone knows everyone and talks, I go the the doctors and everyone in there I know, I think to myself sometimes they must talk amongst themselfs to as why I'm there all the time for this and that. I feel as though I do n want my family members to worry about me because they know I'm quite a strong willed person, and for this health anxiety to affect me it must be something quite serious, seems like I'm loosing battle with myself and that I'll never be ok. I'm afraid I'm passed the point of bouncing off walls and driving myself mad, just feel like giving up sometimes 
    • Posted

Im 20 lol I worried about having heart attack I had bad pain in my chest I had to call ambulance out I literally thought I was having heat attack but now iv stopped worrying about that the symptoms have gone 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.