Severe hip pain.. SCFE

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I'm new here and I know that this doesn't substitute for seeing a doctor but I really need some advice..

I'm 16, a girl and I have really, really sore hips. I ride horses occasionally, I have my own but we are so busy that I don't often get to ride, once every few months but it's getting to the point I can't ride because my hip will become so painful and stiff after being on for a few seconds I have to get off. When I muck out (a lot of bending down at the hips) the next day or that evening I will be in pain. If I sit for more than 20 minutes I start to get pain in my hips and it hurts when I get up and I'm so stiff it's like I'm 80 but after 5 minutes or so I get over it, however if I walk too much I still get pain and end up limping. I've had this for between 1-2 years but it has gotten worse and worse but I always just got on with things and pushed through but it's getting to the point I can't do that anymore. Both hips are affected but my left hip is way worse and my right hip has just started hurting the last few months. When I sit for too long and get a pain in my hip but ignore it I then get an ache in my knee. I am seeing an osteopath on the 1st november but as teenagers do, I have been researching things with my symptoms and one of the closest ones was slipped capital femoral epiphysis but I was wondering how quickly it progressed? Anyone have any experience with it or think my symptoms sound like something else? Any advice appreciated! Thanks

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Ive posted a very similar question about my son and progression, he has had pain since last summer.  It sounds like you really need to have an xray and get it checked out,  its not worth the risk if its something else that could progress and affect your future.  Ive read the hip pain refers to the knee.  Not much help I know, but I really think you should get it checked out, it sounds like you are in a lot of pain :-(

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.