severe hunger feeling and no energy

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi

i am very stressed . Been having constant hunger feeling all day past month and when i eat a big meal specially i feel much worse and shaky . its like i starved my self and my body cant take food!

all bloods tests normal so no diabetes or anemia ! But i am very anxious and no energy to do much

one doc said chronic gastiritis and gave me anti acids which calmed it little but not feeling great

and i did previously test positive for stomache pylori bacteria !

anyone knows what this ?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Edited

Ok so I've studied a lot about H. Pylori. You need to get yourself something called Mastic Gum. I ordered it online. It comes in a capsule. You can do the research yourself about this wonderful stuff. It wont hurt you at all. In other countrys they even use it in foods..so its safe. It kills H. Pylori but you also need a probiotic with it. Might have to take it for a few weeks??How are your bowel movements if you dont mind me asking? My daughter has tons of stomach problems, nervous problems, has periods of wanting to eat all day like you and by trial and error and lots of hours studying we're close to getting her well. Diet has A LOT to do with it. Gluten can make you super nervous too. I'd get off of it for a while to see if that helps. Let me know if you find out anything. Hope I helped you!! May need vitamins too. B vitamins help with your nerves!

• Edited

I tried that mastic gum because someone said they gave up PPIs because it worked well for them as a replacement for a couple of days, but I didn't have great results from it unfortunately. I was ok for the first day, but the second day I got really bloated and nauseas. On the third day I was sick 3 times. A lot of these health food shop tablets are not tested the way prescription meds are so the side effects are not displayed or known much about. You don't know how much of the ingredient is put in the capsules and how safe it is for human consumption because these supplements don't have the same tight laws protecting the consumer and the same rigorous testing as regular medication does. Also they are quite expensive, particularly if you have a bad reaction to them and can't have any more! I had asked my doctor about it and he hadn't even heard of them.

• Posted

Hi

Thanks for your input Yes i heard about the benefits of this gum and it is very safe indeed . I will add it to my diet with the probiotics and see, it wont harm. Better than suffering here starving and shaky all day . I really hope its that and nothing more serious . I greatly appreciate your advice and will follow it

thanks

• Posted

And with bowel movements mostly constipated but i get every now and then gas like pains around my colon area not sure if all due to bacteria ! i will restest soon and see if last treatment worked .

• Edited

Hi zeena34610

HPylori is a stomach bacteria that can ravage your gut it is treated with 3 types of antibiotic to eradicate it. Did your doctor not give you the antibiotics?...?

• Posted

hi

yes they did and it didnt work so took another set and will retest soon

• Edited

Hi zeena34610

I hope your retest is favourable and HP has been completely eradicated.....best wishes.....

• Posted

H pylori can cause gastritis. H pylori meds and the infection itself can ravage the gut. What you are experiencing is common with these conditions. Try probiotics to help rebuild good gut bacteria lost after the h pylori antibiotics. Probiotics can take a month to work. Since your doctor has diagnosed gastritis and the antacids help, believe your doctor and continue the antacids since that is the treatment for gastritis Antacids will help to protect your stomach lining from further damage caused by acid.. Try relaxation therapy to help anxiety because anxiety makes gastritis worse. Try a food diary to see if any foods irritate your stomach. Eat little but often.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.