Severe Insomnia Difficulties

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've had chronic insomnia for years. At first, it was manageable, like I would eventually fall asleep, it would just be pretty late, like at least two or three a.m. Then, a year or so later, it started progressively getting worse, so I took over-the-counter medications, like NyQuil, Unisom and ZzzQuil. After two years of taking those, I inevitably built up a tolerance to them and they stopped working, and the insomnia got worse. In-fact, I started having "manics" (where I would get really hyper) and severe panic attacks in the middle of the night. So I visited several doctors and tried several different prescription medications, such as Xanax, Trazodone, melatonin and Hydroxyzine. All of those worked for a few weeks or so, then slowly stopped. This insomnia is worse than it's ever been now. I still occasionally experience panic attacks, and I experience those "manics" (or whatever you want to call them) in the middle of the night.

I have no idea what to do, as I'm honestly hopeless. Sometimes I also feel really bad about all of the costly medications and doctors visits because I know they've been a financial burden on my parents... It makes me feel like a failure as a daughter, honestly.

Anyways, thanks for taking the time out of your day to read all of this, and I would highly appreciate any advice.

Thanks.

God bless you.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.