Severe intrusive thoughts

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I have been in 20mg of citilapram for 6 years and I am going through a really bad time again. I put my tablets up to 30mg 8 days ago and I don't feel any different! Should I increase to 40mg already as feeling so desperate X

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Call the doctor. We cannot just increase the dose on our own. May we know what happened? Maybe a little chat will help to ventilate our feelings. It's always the pill that can solve our problem. We also have to face it like a warrior. I hope I can help.
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply.

I had an abortion at 17. I was 36 when I had my daughter 6 years ago and after having her I got really depressed, my thoughts then went back to my abortion (insane as it may seem) I thought oh my god, what if it didn't just die, what if it's a soul in heaven and I took its chance of life away) may sound crazy but I can't get it out of my head

• Posted

Are you a Christian? Have you accepted Jesus as Lord and Savior?
  • Posted

You have to learn to forgive yourself. Set yourself free from the shackles that you put unto yourself. We all made mistakes. You have paid it already. Now it's time to move forward and look for a brighter future. Love your daughter now. She is the one who is there. I may not understand what you have gone through coz I'm not a woman nor a mother but its time to let go of the past. It's past already. Put an end to it and start a new life with the people you are with right now. God bless you. Have faith and believe that you are forgiven already.
    • Posted

Whatever you are feeling right now believe that you have been forgiven. Whenever it clings back, believe again that you had been forgiven. My pleasure to help. God bless you
    • Posted

Hi Doops, I wouldn't increase your dose again just yet. I believe that even when increasing doses you can feel worse befor you feel better, and I understand how desperate we feel while playing the waiting game. I am no expert but I would think you have to be patient so allow your 30 mg to do it's work before jumping up on dose. I havn't felt any benifit of a dosage increase after two weeks, and many will tell you it may even take a month or a few to stabilise on the 30 mg. Just wait it out and I am sure you will get well with time and patience. Feel well, and let us know how tou are getting on. Lee .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.