severe itch of vagina + painful intercourse

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi

I am 62. Few months ago it all started with itchy vagina plus incredibly painful intercourse. Did all tests, all ok, no bacteria, no yeast etc. Did anyone of you experience similar problems? Please share what you did to help yourself as I am "loosing" my mind slowly. It is really bad at the moment and nothing seems to help.

Thanks, Grace

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Had pain with intercourse badly. Starting retrace cream twice a week and it worked. Also started bioidentical hRT for other symptoms now don’t need estrace cream.  My vagina is  so much better. Also use astroglide before sex and all is great. 
  • Posted

I experienced the exact same thing! From what I've read I think it has something to do with vaginal dryness.

• Posted

Hello Grace you could be low on estrogen, which will cause dryness and irritation. Make an appointment with your doctor and maybe get referral to gynae. You can get cream prescribed or if you don't want to go down hormone route you can buy something called Reopens that helps with moisture and itching. Good luck.

• Posted

Sorry Grace that last sentence should say Replens not Reopens my tablet auto corrected.
  • Posted

Hi Grace, yes I got the same problem itching is bad too...I did not go to the Doctor with mine don't know what to buy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.