Severe itching all over constantly

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, itching has been mentioned by someone previously but it got no response. For me at the moment this is the worst symptom to deal with. Apart from being very unpleasant it stops me from being able to get to sleep and my partner has gone into the spare room many times because he can't stick my 'fidgeting'. It is also quite embarrassing to be scratching constantly when you are in public. Please can you give me some advice on what I can do to alleviate the itching? I'm desperate!!

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Try an antihistamine. That stopped it for me. Something like Loratadine.
    • Posted

Then the pills you're taking for hay fever don't work for the itch, you need to find one that will control the itch. I had this too until I found loratidine, was I able to function again.  Claritin was prescribed by my doctor but now I just buy the generic ones called loratidine.

• Posted

Hi Lynette I itch all over and yes its so embarrassing at times I use an anti -histamine   when it gets to bad I just get the cheap ones and they do the trick I take them for a couple of days then it seems to go for a while. hope this helps
    • Posted

Hi, I take antihistamines every day for hay fever but I still itch but thanks for your response anyway.
  • Posted

Hi Lynette.

Try Eurax creme. It's not greasy and smells pleasant. I used it when I had chicken pox a few years ago, and I've used it ever since for any itchiness. I too get very itchy, but this has really helped. All the best x

• Posted

Hi Lynette I have severe itch in breast nipples every day it goes and comes drives me crazy nothing works.
  • Posted

hi lyn, do you have bruises from itching  ? i stopped using soap over those areas that get affected and applied organic coconut oil . the itching and bruising stop for a while... but may reappear just like with other peri symptoms
    • Posted

I get bruises from scratching too vigorously.

I will try the coconut oil and see how I go.

Thank you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.