Severe left flank pain no diagnosis

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi hoping someone may have some insight. I recently went to ER and spent 3 days in the hospital for severe left flank pain. I also had mild abdominal and lower left testicular pain. They did a battery of tests and found a "slight" inflammation in my kidney. Pain is controlled Ketoralac (worked far better than moriphine) but once the drug wears off pain is intense. They have had me on Cefuroxime which is an antibiotic. I have been on it for a week and it doesn't seem to be working. Dr's don't seem to have an answer. Thinking of switching to a Dr but wanted to see if someone had a similar experience and/or if there was a diagnosis

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

What does your pain feel like? I had severe pain that would last sometimes an hour sometimes 2 hrs then go away. Then sometimes it wouldn't come back for weeks or it would come back the next day. Mine was like a severe stitch pain (gripping) like you get when you run sometimes but way worse. I had all the battery of test to including CT, ultrasound and blood work l. All showed nothing . I ended up having severe renal hydronephrosis. My urinary tube at the entrance to my kidney was kinking and unkinking and when it was kinked I was having Renal

Colic attacks then they would go away and come back. Go get a second opinion. You shouldn't be in that much pain for it to be nothing.

• Posted

My pain is pretty constant. Pain meds work but not solving the problem
    • Posted

Seeing my PCP today and going to see if I can get an MRI of my back to see if its nerve damage. Going to see a new urologist at Columbia Presbyterian on Thursday. Hopefully someone who can get me a diagnosis so I know what I'm dealing with. Had to go off the pain med I was taking because I was only allowed to take it for 5 days. New pain medication is OTC and not very effective

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.