Severe leg pain with Ramipril.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi folks, is anyone experiencing severe leg pain on Ramipril, I started taking 2.5 mg, for a few wks, then the dose was increased to 5mg, been taking this for about 3 months, my blood pressure is reasonably stable, but I have severe leg pain, pains in my feet, recently I've started having pains in arms and hands, I also have the horrible cough. My eyesight has got worse on it as well. Can't get a doctor until after the New Year, can't even get a phone consultation for several days. I'm coming off it ASAP, I'm in agony as I write this. 😳😔

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi, did your pain stop after you stopped taking this drug? I just started Lisinopril and my weight is increasing so I'm thinking I may stop taking it. Were  you able to find help?

• Posted

Hi

Yes, my pain stopped 3 days after I stopped taking the drug. What a relief. No, I didn't get any help, couldn't get a doctors app. For 5 weeks, they said they would get a doctor to phone me 5 days later, didn't receive that call. Not on any meds now and blood pressure is back up again. I'm going to take black garlic to reduce my blood pressure, and lose weight, better the natural way. Getting doctors apps is becoming a joke in Scotland. 😔

• Posted

Hi Gillian, I started taking liquid garlic but have not been consistent.  ....hope it works for you.  
    • Posted

Hi Gillian, I don't know anything about this drug, but I'm glad you're feeling better.  There can be no doubt it is the same old, same old - pretty well throughout the UK.  There is no one there!  That aside, I think another good supplment is the Omega 3 - standard strength.  I started 2 months ago, taking ordinary garlic as well.  They were on offer at Boots and I got 6 months supply for £25.  It broke me, but it was an offer I couldn't refuse.  I haven't heard of black garlic.  I'm intrigued and will look it up. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.