Severe lower left stomach pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, I am a 29 year old female.

For year now, I have been have pain in my lower left abdominal area. To be more precise, it is to the lower left of my belly button. The pain is constant and sometimes throbbing.

I have done many tests already to find out what could be causing the pain. I have done a CT scan, a colonoscopy and a endoscopy, to which all results came back as saying nothing is wrong and that I am fine.

The problem is that I am not fine. I have pains basically everyday. The last doctor said that I have IBS. So about 2 weeks ago, I started this diet called the FODMAPS diet which is supposed to limit certains types of sugars and other things.

Well, since I started the diet, the pain is still here and its just as bad and maybe even worse sometimes.

I really dont know what to do here, I have done all the tests I needed to do. I dont know if its IBS to be quite honest.

Once a week I fast for the entire day, just drinking water. It helps. So I do believe it had something to do with food.

Also sex with my husband can be painful at certain angles, which I attribute to my stomach pain.

Also, when I do have the pain, the stomach does look a little bloated. Something is definitely going on down there.

Can anybody help me out?

Thank you.

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi liori.    Well I can guarentee one thing, you will get plenty of suggestions on here, but, there's something wrong obviously and the best advice I can give you is ask for a second opinion, the prob is they will say you've had a colonoscopy an endoscopy and an MRI so that's pretty comprehensive.  Maybe it IS IBS. It does take many forms

o wish I could say more. 

• Posted

I have had similar type of pain in same place as you on and off for few months, not as bad as yours though.  I also suffer from bloating each night and have wind before I've even got up in morning.  I firmly believe my problem was trapped wind. I still have the bloatedness and wind in mornings but it is slowly improving, but I have a Candida problem caused by antibiotics which may be causing my wind and bloat not sure.  I do not suffer any more form the pain you describe only very occasionally, since I strted taking a natrual capsule from Silvertown for my candida it's not worked on candida but helping with other things! I think after all your tests ruling things out, it may well be trapped wind it can very very painful and traps in certain places, even under rib cage which i experienced early this year when only a nurse in hospital told me this was what it was, doctor never seemed to know the cause! Nurse made a l ot of sense.
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply Sheila.

How can trapped wind be remedied?

• Posted

Aha. I understand.  I recently had an op on my stomach and for nearly a month I had  trapped wind and the pain was unbearable they had to fill me with gas in order to have more room to work and keep vital organs out of the way. I thought they had left something inside !
    • Posted

Exactly as I asked, peppermint tea and fizzy drinks, soda water a d lots of walking my doc said. It worked !
    • Posted

With cows they stick a needle/tube through their stomach but that is a bit drastic for humans:-)

Have you tried Aloe Vera liquid? My wife has twice had very similar pains and all the negative tests like you. Improvement started with Aloe Vera. When she stopped taking it the pain returned. She takes less than the suggested dose.

• Posted

Hi there

Did you have the barium to drink when they did the scan this gives a clear picture

do you suffer from gas issues, because sometimes this too could be an issue, and do you have regular Bowel motions, if you think this is getting worse go to another doctor for a second opinion did they test you for H pylori, my sisters son always gets pains in stomach she started him on iborgas Ithink that might be the correct name, and he is much better with all the pains and aches now  so she has also reduced the dose and give it only once a day.If it is IBS the fobmap diet should help you, if it is IBS, if this has not had any improvement get to another doctor.  By the way is there any cramping if so try buscopan for pain and it should help.

Good luck and keep us posted

God Bless you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.