Severe Migraines

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have had Four severe attacks of migraine since my teens all have made me vomit , unable to stand light , numbness, extremely dibilitating headaches and one which left me paralized for four hours, all were caused after i came out of a very stressful situation, my doctors have always had me admitted to hospitals as the symptoms are similar to a stroke or even menigitus .

No one can quite believe how bad they get, and I struggle to understand they are actually migraines.

I  have suffered with the classic form of migraine for years, visual disturbance, followed by a headache and  nausea, sometimes resulting in vomiting and two to three days of tiredness and fatigue

.I have learnt to read the first signs of classic migtaine  and can ofton stop a full blown attack with medication but with a  Hemiplegic Migraine as i am lead to believe it is ,does not have the typical migraine symptoms like the visual disturbance..

Does anyone alse suffer this way ? Julie

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Does anyone with migraines suffer from a bad neck? Curious the connection
    • Posted

Yes, aged 36 years a neck disc was prolapsed (at C5/6) - MRI scans showed it impringing on the cervical cord, with a sequestration (broken fragment) at C6 level.

22 years later, I remain unable to avoid migraine (usually lasting 4 days with vomiting throughout Day 1) unless I continue sleeping withOUT any pillow, when flat on my back. Consequently, I can't ever go into a truly deep sleep. Stressful. I remain teetotal and take no medications. Got to stay alert.

Anyone here experienced similar - any tips of better management?Zero help from British health service, alas. To date, my 1996 MRI scan (for which I had to pay via a loan) was ignored by my GP doctors.

• Posted

You are a fellow sufferer of HM and yes its always the same with me as the symptoms are just like a stroke.  I live alone and always have to try and guage it just right, before my speach goes altogether, to phone for an ambulance.  Even the paramedics dont know if its a stroke or not and I am rushed to hospital under blue lights and sirens ringing.  I then very often have a scan to discover all is well and then over a period of 36 to 48 hours I get better with physio.

The neuro drs tell me, its the brain forgetting how to communicate with the rest of my body, usually with me its the left side, sometimes its all over!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.