Severe nausea

Posted , 5 users are following.

I’m not one to feel bad for myself but this is getting really old, for about a year i’ve had constant nausea but not too bad, but these last couple months it’s seem to have gotten really bad, had ultrasound done, came back good. Then went and did an endoscopy, found a hiatal hernia that doesn’t require survery and that was it. This feeling of being sick to my stomach is horrible, getting hard to deal with. My doctor prescribed me 40mg pantoprazole 2 times a day, and effexor incase it’s anxiety based neither have seemed to help at all. I know I can’t be the only one out there experiencing this, just trying to see if anyone else has dealt with this and where I should go from here. 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Have you had your gallbladder checked? Ask your doctor about a HIDA scan. If that comes back normal, I’d start a food diary. I did both and my nausea has very muched improved. 
    • Posted

They based the ultrasound purely on checking my gallbladder, said it looks as if it’s functioning perfectly normal. I’ve thought about food diary but haven’t due to my nausea doesn’t get better or worse depending on what i eat. 
    • Posted

I had an ultrasound and ct also and my doctor said there was nothing wrong. I did the HIDA scan about 3 weeks after and finally they were able to see that it was barely functioning. The US and CT will only show stones. Be persistent. 
  • Posted

You may be better off with an anti nausea pill.    PPIs help with acid and indigestion caused by the hiatus hernia, but they won’t help with nausea. Anti anxiety pills can cause nausea and may only be of use if you are anxious.  Sometimes these pills can cause anxiety too, If they don’t work, you are better off without them.  If you do get anxious, natural solutions are better such as relaxation therapy, meditation amd distraction techniques.

I can get bouts of anxiety but I treat it with natural techniques only, such as trying to see the funny side in the stressful situation I am facing.

Have you tried a food diary to see if the nausea is food related?  Have you changed your diet recently and are eating anything you wouldn’t normally eat?

• Posted

I haven’t really changed my diet in the last 21 years of my life lol. I’ve tried 3 meals a day, 5-6 small meals a day, my stomach still feels the complete same as every other time, I can go eat mcdonalds right now and feel the same as I feel now on a semi empty stomach. I eat pretty healthy since I’ve been focused on the gym for the last 6 years. 
    • Posted

I wouldn't eat Mcdonalds meals because processed food is not good for you.  Try to avoid them if possible.

• Posted

nolpaza20 mmg in the morning

metoclobromide at night

for one month. 

you will become ok

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.