severe nausea

Posted , 8 users are following.

Severe nausea after meal , did all kind of blood test, imagine test all came out norwal , its been 3 months I have loss weight and appetite .,, I get bloated and fullness in my upper abdomen and feel sick and discomfort after eating no reflux or pain just discomfort like indigestion .,, Please help

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I would definitely see another doctor.  something is amiss.  you might be losing weight because you don't eat nearly as much.  are you on any medications?  I went off of gabapentin and the side effects I am having are similar to yours.  good luck but my strongest advice is to consult a gastrologist .  garnella

• Posted

Have a gastric emptying test which looks for gastroparesis. Gastroparesis is where food sits in the stomach and doesn't digest in the correct amount of time, causing severe nausea and sometimes vomiting. Would also recommend a stool test to look for parasites that could be causing this, and a HIDA scan to check how well your gallblader is functioning. Functioning incorrectly can cause nausea and discomfort. You can have gallbladder problems without stones, one condition is caused biliary dyskinesia.  

• Posted

I have an appointment next week with a gastroenterologist .,., he gave me some test to do I guess hapetitis A test , thyroid test and s creatinine blood test ,., do you think its usefull
    • Posted

Is gastroperesis genetic ,., cause I never had any kind of stomach trouble before since 3months it started and now m not feeling better doctors are not able to find what's wrong with me ,., one of them said its stomach infection, the other said its anxiety disorder 

• Posted

Hepatitis A is a good thing to test for as one of its main symptoms is nausea. You get it from contaminated food/water, which would explain why your problems came suddenly (if you ended up having hepatitis). Gastroparesis is not genetic and it is unfortunately incurable. Look into getting an endoscopy and colonoscopy if you haven't done so already. Endoscopy looks into your stomach and colonoscopy looks into your colon so problems with either organ would be visible. Problems with either of these organs can cause nausea and abdominal discomfort. They are tiring to get done, but beneficial. 

• Posted

Did you ever go for an endoscopy? May have bad reflux. From acid
    • Posted

Yes, endoscopy and colonoscopy was done. Have small ulcers in my stomach and intestines. I also have acid reflux problem. Taking medicines but not helping.
    • Posted

No ,., I wasn't ordered to do so till now,., and I thing this endoscopy thing is too invasive

• Posted

You may be eating the wrong foods. If the doctors can't solve your problem ask for a referral to a dietician to change your diet.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.