severe neck pain on left side when looking up, down and tilting my head left

Posted , 4 users are following.

a couple of days ago i woke up and felt fine but later on i stretched and not long afterwards i started to feel severe neck pain when not even moving and i was in tears for hours. The pain has now eased up a lot but whenever looking up and down i feel really sharp and intense pain in the left side of my neck. It is also very hard for me to look up and down now because my neck is very stiff.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Common Causes of Stiff Neck. By far the most common cause of a stiff neck is a muscle strain or soft tissue sprain. In particular, the levator scapulae muscle is susceptible to injury. Located at the back and side of the neck, the levator scapulae muscle connects the neck's cervical spine with the shoulder.

• Posted

If I may suggest, ice it (gel ice packs work well); use anti-inflammatory medication, and try not to aggravate it i.e., no "stretches," etc. Rest it and stay away from all doctors and chiros.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.