Severe neck pain, was gone now back. Debilitating.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Early in September I developed some severe neck pain. i couldnt move, i couldnt sleep until i was so exhausted that i did. i slept with a neck pillow around 24/7. i couldnt move and i had to lay on my back all day for about 10 days. eventually with not moving at all it gradually went away. fast forward two weeks later . it showed up again, this time i tried to endure the pain for as long as i could. went to the clinic saw a doctor. i could barely stand up sit , turn my head, was only comforablt with the neck pillow in an upright position. he didnt do much didnt prescribe anything for pain. suggested chiropractor or massage as treatment. went to chiropractor several times. he temporarily fixed the problem but now its three weeks later and i can start to feel the pain come back. not as bad but i definitely dont want it to go back to the way it was. also i dont have the money to see a chirpractor again and or go to the doctor unless its serious. was doing some research and i also feel like i have a swollen lymph node behind my jaw. also have some dental issues. ive used tobacco. and have fractured a couple of my lower lumbar vertebrates. need seriius advice and do doctors allow me asking to get an CT SCAN . i havent been able to work or really sleep very well in months. my family doesnt have the money to pay for a lot of medical procedures but if its serius i guess i cant really ignore it.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

are you using ice? what about anti inflammatories - natural or otherwise?

• Posted

I'M Kris; I have debilitating neck pain, too .... and for years now. But, I have good insurance and have seen many MDs. they still are not sure what is wrong. Look for SteV3 on here -- he knows a lot. Tell us how you are and are coping.

My pain is possibly 1) a number of spinal aging/arthritis in my neck 2) dystonia and tardive diskinesia (starts in mouth and jaw) (horrible shooting pain at the TMJ --- temporal mandibular joint --- near an ear, at end of jaw joint. S**t, I couldn't chew or eat for 6 weeks!

3) thoracic outlet syndrome. a compression of nerves and vessels under the arm pit.

4) They don't know --- maybe tests and time will tell. (hope) I take Gabapentin and it does alleviate nerve pain in my neck and right arm and hand.

5) I have to lie down a lot -- the best.

6)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.