Severe osteoarthritis

Posted , 3 users are following.

Today I got my x-rays back concerning my arthritis help I'm supposed to get surgery within 2 months however I t I was told that it is severe and there are sharp bones splits coming from around the hip joint and the joint is very loose what do I need to avoid to do more damage before the two months are up and what does it mean when the bone splits are in my leg.

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Take life slow and easy while waiting for surgery sorry to hear you have OA . The best thing would be to ask a hip surgeon or google online for restrictions after hip surgery to protect the new hip this will be similar to what you need before surgery. These restrictions will help you learn how to move without taking risks before and after surgery. Ask for therapy before surgery to stay in shape keep core muscles strong and stay strong while waiting. Walking is useful and aqua therapy as well as zero gravity Tredmill are very good to help hips and gentle on OA  joints.This will help prepare you for a good recovery after surgery. 

Check with the hip joint replacement area and many like myself have had hip joint replacement surgery due to OA and will offer lots of good experienced helpful positive tips.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.