Severe pain

Posted , 9 users are following.

I’m in excruciating pain..

Had BM 5 hours ago and pain is not letting up..

Tried hot shower , nitroglycerin suppository, pain meds..

Nothing is working

I had Botox 4 mos ago/ it helped a bit.

My doctor thinks I should have LSE surgery but I’m afraid and can’t take time off from

Any advice is welcome

Thx

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Aimee

So sorry you are going through this, I had a fissure for 8 years and like you thought I’d tried everything until I came across Laxido and it worked wonders for me and and I no longer have a fissure. If you’ve not tried it it’s definitely worth a go, it’s a laxative but not in the traditional sense i.e it’s not a stimulant but draws water to the bowel to make BMs super soft. So you have to make sure you drink plenty water with it or it won’t do anything.

Hope this helps x

• Posted

Hi it’s painfull guess all of us on here are either going through the pain or have been there 

These are things that worked for me 

Poop in sitz bath sounds mad but works / hot water as hot as you can stand put coconut oil in it 

After poop sit back on it with fresh water and coconut oil again 

Cotton pads after with tea tree oil 

Retogestic cream 

Proktis m suppositories 

Hot water bottle

2 x zapain 

Laxido twice a day 

Lots of water 

Another thing that was good and sounds crazy is Bert bees lip balm with peppermint it helped madness 

Hope this helps 

It does get better but keep your stools soft and eat daily 

Crazy but need to poop to heal if you get a hard poop you be back to square one 

• Posted

Is laxido the same as miralax? Im confused. Where can one buy this?
    • Posted

Are you in uk ? Laxido is same as movicol 

We get it at any chemist or the on prescription 

• Posted

Just read it’s the same Same stuff , laxido is cheaper than movicol , I’ve never used miralax

• Posted

Im not in the Uk. I was reading that the laxido has a few extra things that miralax doesn't. Not sure if those are to supposed to help or are they just electrolytes? Miralax is losing effectiveness for me and I have an anal fissure so poo must be soft and mirlax was usually the only thing that worked for me. I even upped the dose to two and I noticed a few hard parts which means it is going to stop working. I don't think 3 is safe.

• Posted

I take laxido twice a day and was recommend by my colorectal doctor my fissure healed however I still take them - can you purchase from online pharmacy in uk ? 
    • Posted

Thanks for replying. I was going to buy this after checking it out but I do think it is the same as miralax so I guess it doesn't make sense to purchase.

• Posted

Hi, Botox did nothing for me at all! I had. LIS surgery a month ago. I’m still struggling with pain after bm but only for about 4 hours. Way better than 16 hours a day before surgery! It’s the worst thing ever as you know. Don’t delay having surgery, you won’t be off work for more than a few days. Good luck. 
  • Posted

I;ve been going through this for 2 years

just been to see a new doctor who says I have fistula's on my fissures which he described as the same as abscesses on teeth only in my muscles of my rectum just had an MRI scan and waiting for the results

rectogesic cream helped me because it stops the muscles contracting which is the pain

wouldn't wish this condition on my worst enemy

It's good to share

• Posted

Yes that cream is good , banging headache however rather headache than that pain ! 

At its worst I sat in sitz bath constantly , it helped 

• Posted

Hi guys, I’ve tried so many creams. The absolute best temporary relief is sitting on a water bottle or hot wheat bag. I couldn’t survive without it! I was so bad there for a while I was taken 6 Endone a day! This apparently make your arse spasm!!! So I’ve stopped everything except ibuprofen. Right before a bm. It helps for sure. Wheat bag is the number one saviour! I wished everyone understood the pain!!! Good luck everyone. 
  • Posted

Hello Aimee. I haven't been in here for about a year I think.

I saw your message while looking through my email and I received a notice about your comment.

I know what you're going through I've been there.

I can only say that you're going to have to do the surgery.

I did botox first and it helped me a little bit but not enough. I ended up getting surgery and then it went away. I know it's scary and all but I promise you that it's not as bad as you think. You're going to be in the same amount of pain at first and then it will get better. As long as you follow a diet that keeps everything soft you'll be ok. I didn't take any norcos for pain because that constipated but I took Motrin or something similar called Tramadol for the pain and that helped along with sitz baths. I know it's going to take a sacrifice on time and it's scary but it's not as scary as you think. And then after your life will go back to normal. You'll have to take care of yourself for life after that which means avoid foods that will potentially constipate you and if you do make sure you take a stool softener or something. But I know from my personal experience the doctor told me that this will have to be something I will have to watch out for for the rest of my life because I will be more prone to get it again. So I am and it's ok. My life is back normal for the most part. I recommend you wipe with baby wipes, unscented, use something called Calmoseptin (i found it online) which helps sooth after a BM and use your sitz baths right after with warm water. Make sure you keep everything clean back there. It will be a regimine but it will be ok after that. Best of luck to you!

• Posted

Hi r77834, 

How long did it take your fissure to heal after LIS surgery? I’m still in pain 5 weeks on! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.