Severe pain after gall bladder removal

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had my gall bladder removed 12 months ago and still having severe pain and sickness. Taking anti sickness pills and reflux tablets before I eat 3 times a day. Dread eating these days. Any advice would really help.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Pozza,

Unfortunately  for many people after GB surgery some symptoms seem to persist and I am too suffering at the moment 2 months after my surgery  with very bad reflux. May I ask you the reflux you get, has it been diagnosed as acid or bile? I am trying to figure it out what's is really causing it and  also why antacids aren't helping.

The severe pain your have is it after meals only?

our digestive system  take a long time to adjust to a lack of gallbladder, and the way we eat  plays a key role. I think you'll get  eventually better in time, if not seek medical help that's the best advice I can give.

• Posted

Hi Leni yes I only get the severe pain after eating.  After first mouthful and I am unable to continue to eat. Doctor not sure if it's acid or bile. I have asked for a scan but doctor keeps trying me on pills. Going to try & get an appointment next week with the doctor & hope he agrees to a scan. Thank you for your advice. 
  • Posted

Hi am new to this form as well but ive read on hear they can grow back   the stones that is b

etter going back to doc and asking for another scan xxx hopefully  someone with more knowledge will tell u more take care xx

• Posted

Have you talked to your gp? You might have something else going on.  Stay away from fatty and greasey foods. Drink a lot of water and avoid dairy; skim milk should be fine. Check with your gp or doctor.

I  hope you feel better real soon.  12 months is way to long to be hurting. hang in there.

Lori

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.