Severe pain after transvaginal ultrasound (cysts)

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi. I had a transvaginal ultrasound on Monday and since then I've been in more and more pain.

The radiologist was doing a 3rd and final scan to see if my complex ovarian cyst had changed. It's changed in dimension and my left overy is 4 times bigger than my right now.  My CA125 was raised as was the HE4 test.

I'm booked in for an oopherectomy on 30th June to remove the septated cyst and endometriosis as well as my left ovary.

I have read that the internal scan can make you feel a bit uncomfortable for a day or two but it's been 5 days and my pain has worsened.

My gp has advised I go straight to Emergency Dept (but they always suggest that here).

I will be going to ED to check it's not ruptured the cyst but wondered if anyone else has felt this bad after an internal?

I'm does up to the eyeballs in painkillers and hot water bottles but to no effect.

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I am sorry that you do not feel well, and that no one has responded yet.  I am checking in on you.  Are you better?  I have had so many TV ultrasounds, and I did not suffer any pain afterwards.... PLease write back to let me know how you are doing
  • Posted

I had the same results of pain after having my vaginal ultrasound done for my cysts. The pain will gradually go away I too was afraid but the pain will go away it took a week for my pain to leave 7 days. I informed my gyn surgeon and he stated if the pain persisted more than 7 days he would do emergency surgery but the pain stopped . I'm still waiting on my surgery. I'm scheduled for surgery this month continue taking sit bathes and your pain pills heating pad and hot peppermint tea is good for the pain also. You will be fine. Hope you're feeling relief real soon God Bless

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.