severe pain and discomfort

Posted , 6 users are following.

i had my prostate removed 7 weeks ago have been in 4 times now to get the catheter removed on 3 occasions i was told i hadn't healed the last time which was yesterday they said i more than likely have a urinary infection i told them ihad thrush and had been treating it for the last 7 days i now have to wait another 2 weeks by the way it is the same catheter from day one all the have given me is a 1 week course of antibiotics this will be the 3rd course i've been on they also subscribed me some valium to help me relax i'm not sure this is helping over the last 4 weeks i can only discribe it as hell i feel i have no where to turn they only smile and say it's normal

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I'm going in this afternoon to hopefully have my catheter out after 9 long weeks atleast i hope so can anyone tell me what to expect after it comes out what do i have to look forward to good and bad the doctors here tell you naff all 

• Posted

Thanks for sharing your experience.  I had laser TURP on 12/23 due to excess retention in the bladder.  Done as emergency room procedure after the kidneys recovered (2 days).  Didnt have time to research TURP procedures.  Was told after surgery that had swollen prostrated. Bladder spasms started the day before the TURP surgery and continue to today. Spasms bladder pain did not respond to normal pain medicine.  Was put on Hyoscyamine Sulfate on 12-27 and it has helped with the spasms.  Pain for 30 seconds in stomach, bladder, thigh, arms.  Foley had to be re-inserted on 12-24 and 12-27.  Saw post from sdporter999 on his TURP process, thanks for sharing.  At home with Foleysince 12-27, spasm pain returns in bladder every 3 hours after taking Hyoscyamine (every 4 hour). Excess Fluids are still draining using Foley which comes out on 1-2-17.
    • Posted

They did not give you the correct name for your procedure. TURP does not use laser but some Uro's say that any procedure boring a hole is a TURP.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.