Severe pain at back of head when dentist injected gum

Posted , 3 users are following.

Went to Dentist for a root canal , the minute the dentist put 2 nd needle in to knumb tooth , I got a severe pain at the back if my head , this pain was vile , the pain from root canal  was nothing compared to my head , whats caused this ?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I don't have an answer for you but I wonder why you haven't talked to your dentist about this. It might be an infection from the tooth which if that is what's causing it, he can prescribe you an antibiotic to treat the infection. Most dentists will treat their patients with an antibiotic BEFORE doing the root canal if they suspect there is an existing infection. The injection may have hit a pocket of infection and shot all that bacteria all through your jaw.

• Posted

Their wasnt any infection in the tooth on xray , the dentist told me the pain in head would pass , just wondering weather this had happened to anyone else .

• Posted

Well I've never had that happen to me and I've never heard of it happening to anyone else.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.