Severe Pain don't know how much longer I can cope 😓

Posted , 7 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity.

Hi I have been suffering with pain in multiple joints due to osteoarthritis this is more severe in my hip and back this affects my mobility I cannot stand for more than 5 million s or walk I fed up I'm 35 and have been suffering since I was 23 I have 4 children just completed my law degree but have no prospect of getting a job due to my illness I live in constant agony I feel I can be a proper mum and wife I feel like I am such a burden I'm also suffering depression and fatigue I often have many granny naps! I have no social life and literally 3 friends I need someone to talk to who u derstands my pain as I feel like I just whinge all the time to people have no idea how I feel just wanna cry someone please talk to me

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

It’s so hard I know from when I’m a lot of pain.unfortunately for us no one else knows what it is like. They make assumptions and to please them we tend to do what they want then suffer in silence later.

I don’t know how to help. I can only tell you how I try to cope. I try to keep busy, which isn’t easy. Have you family. Are they helpful. How are your children coping. Are they helpful at all.

Is there anything you can lose yourself in. I paint. I read. I go for coffee with good friends I normally volunteer and do stuff for others. Seeing consultant wednesdayand mri beforehand. I do really sympathise and wish I could help you break the pain you are suffering.

• Posted

Hi sabsy,

Please disregard my first reply - I apologize, it was sent inadvertently before I was even finished writing and putting my thoughts together, and it won't make any sense.  . So, I'll try to make the adjustments here. If you are having trouble standing, has any orthopedic doctor recommended a hip(s) replacement? I realize you are young, but the hip replacement nowadays is the easiest and quickest recovery time compared to all the other replacement surgeries. I know that's still not an easy thing to face, though, and you would need some help with physio therapy, but again compared to the rest of your life, it would be a relative short therapy time. If you are able to stand and walk with comfort again, your spine will feel much better providing you don't have a bulging or ruptured disc.  My other question is do you have a good doctor who understands OA?  They may have advice on anti inflammatories to mitigate pain in the diseased hip. The depression and fatigue you describe is something that happens to us when we are in that much pain, but I would avoid anti depressants. Our bodies can be tired from fighting pain and depression can result in dealing with every day and years in your case.  I understand and am in the same fight, only with an arthritic shoulder for 4 years, and there area very few people who have arthritic shoulders. I feel for you with being a mum and having these difficulties and hope your doctor is helping to guide you to the best answers.  I hope you get the help you need - you also can write to me anytime. Again, I apologize for the first reply and I franticly tried to delete and/or edit after it was already published.  

• Posted

Hi Sabsy,

I replied with a 2nd post ( the post which should also be showing) and moderator has not approved it?  Instead, the first reply, which inadvertently was sent while I was away from computer is still showing. This forum needs a way to preview a reply before it's sent. Unfortunately, you didn't receive the reply I intended!  

• Posted

What country are you in? Who is fobbing you off?

go see a different surgeon, I use to have lots of pain with OA but surgery cured all that for me. They need to do X-rays and sometimes MRI to see what is going on, without that anyone is working blind 

• Posted

Hallo Saby is it ok to call you that? I am guessing you are in the uk. That’s important to know as other countries have different health systems. Do you have family or friends who can help? If not there is an organisation within the nhs you can talk to. It’s called Pals.

I hope the fact that two of us responded to your call for help gives you hope that things can and could be better.

• Posted

Hallo again. I just reread your other post

And realised you’d had fusion. Where was it as I too am fused, but still walking, just. Seeing the surgeon tomorrow. So....how long since your fusion. My first was about 2011 elongated in 2013followed by rhizolysis ( Rfa) twice a year apart, last in 2015.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.