Severe pain for the past week

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all!

So I’ve been experiencing pain on my left side, from my pelvis up to my ribs and around my lower back. It started as a dull ache (similar to period cramps) that came and went, but for the past 2 days it’s constant and very sharp. 

I don’t have a high temperature and I’ve been to the GP who has referred me for an ultrasound (6 week wait), I had vaginal swabs yesterday and a urine test (blood trace found in urine) but have to wait a week for  urinalysis results. Also had a fast heart rate last week but other than that everything looks normal.

Doctor thinks it’s ovary related (I have a history of pcos). I’m 3 days late on my irregular period (usually a 49 day cycle) but have done pregnancy tests to rule it out and they’re all negative. 

I also find when the pain gets really bad, I pass a lot of white odourless discharge (sorry tmi). I’m extremely bloated and going to the toilet more as feels like there’s pressure on my bladder. 

I’m panicking that it could be a complication with a cyst and don’t feel I can go on in pain for another week (doctors have exhausted all prescription painkillers as none of them help!). 

Has anybody else experienced anything similar??

Tia x

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.