Severe pain in tailbone area after Rectocele and Enterocele

Posted , 5 users are following.

hello, i had an entrocele and rectocele exactly a week ago today i started having this severe pain around my tailbone area last night after washing nust a couple dishes accompannied by a severr back pain the back pain has gone away but the rectul preassure and pain hasnt i called the burse line but with it being a holiday no one answered

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

JUST TAKE IT EASY! YOU ARE STILL EARLY IN RECOVERY. IT HAS BEEN A LITTLE OVER A YEAR FOR ME AND SOMETIMES I STILL HAVE TAILBONE PAIN

• Posted

I would not be doing any dishes a week after this type of OP hun.

yiu really need to take it easy for 6 wks. yiur tisses takes up to 12 wks to make strong scar tissue.

if you dont rest up yiu will but your self at risk of it failing. I have heard that type of pain is telling yiu to slow down and stop.. it's so easy to re prolapse even after resting. I did after 3vwks and I did absolutely nothing for 6 wks but rest and small walks.

these ops are hit and miss unfortunately. x

• Posted

welshgirl when yours failed how quick did they do the op again and yes I had tailbone pain even do now sometimes and it was 13 months ago xxxx

• Posted

I had my anterior repair done 2 years later along with vaginal hysterectomy.

my consultant would not touch me for at least a year but it was 2 before I could work around my work schedule.

I wouldn't want to have another surgery to close together if I was you but yiu may be fine .

one word of advice hun... do not strain to poo ever. if you need help take a glycerine suppositories. I cant live without them as my back wall is a grade 1.

• Posted

No I don't strain I rock forwards and backwards or do a gentle cough I find 5 dried prunes help me I had back 1 done last April and the bladder 1 this march I can't do the things I used to do but I'm learning to live with it I think you have to really but I feel one of them has failed but still waiting to see consultant ive had 5 appointments swapped ggggrrrrr so have to wait till aug now xxxx

• Posted

hi ,i had rectocele surgery nearly three weeks ago and i had this discomfort for a while it does pass ,put it like this i havent got it now ,you must rest as i hardly did anything for the first two weeks ,now i going shopping with my husband and feel alot better but still not overdoing it ,take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.