Severe pain on foot when pressure on it

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've got moderate osteoarthritis in both hips but when I walk I am in severe pain with my foot. when I put pressure on it cant walk could this be due to my arthritis in my hip cant get a telephone consultation till Monday

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

It may be due to your altered gait from the hip arthritis - I have OA in one ankle and because I walk awkwardly as a result, it has a knock on effect to the knee in that leg and the other leg too. However, pressure pain in the foot could more likely be due to tendonitis or even a build up of uric acid (gout) so ask for those to be considered too.

• Posted

I think that this problem could be due to your posture and the change in your gait from your hip problem . I had a similar problem before my THR and had some treatment and advise from an osteopath .

Wishing you luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.