severe pain under solar plexus had gallbladder removed december 2016

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi had my gallbladder removed on 1st December 2016 all went well but then took infection in wund sites. A few weeks after I took severe pain which if I didn't know better would have said heart attack with pain starting under my solar plexus and then radiating to my chest going from front right through to back, enough to take breath away, on seeing gp was told it was my intercostal muscles I don't want to bother gp/hospital each time but now this has happened about 7 times last on last thursday when pain was so bad it caused me to vomit a few times any ides what it might be.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to learn that you're having these problems.  Are you experiencing pressure as well?  I think that you might have developed a hernia, which would need some medical attention.  Ask your gp to refer you to a gastroenterologist, who would be better able to order tests to check on the problem.

Hernias are nothing to mess with, and I'm thinking that if this is occurring frequently, you need to get some medical attention.  You're not bothering anyone!  It's a doctor's responsibility to determine what's happening, not fob you off without investigating. 

Please let me know how you get on!

• Posted

Hi Lynda I wouldn't say pressure but have to try and sit up as straight as possible I have a very high pain threshold went for 17 months before gallbladder had to come out and then I was told I was lucky as it was sticky, this pain is really sore but if I was asked would say on a scale of 1-10 then I would be about a 6 not bad enough for me to take myself into A & E

• Posted

Hi Jacqueline,

The reason that I'm concerned is that pain isn't the only thing that's happening--it's just one symptom of something going wrong internally.  

Not to scare you but, for instance, my former assistant's family also has a high pain threshold.  By the time her mother thought she needed to seek medical attention (i.e., pain was really bothering her) she was diagnosed with cancer, and it was too late to do anything for her.  I'm not saying that's what is happening to you... 

I'm not suggesting that you go to A & E, I'm suggesting that you might want to find out what's going on...in order to keep yourself well. xx

• Posted

Thanks for letting me know.  Please let me know how you get on.  I'll support you in any way I can. xx

• Posted

Hi there,

I'm in the US so it will take a while to respond.  Keep trying, and let me know how you're doing. Finding out what's going on with you will help you get healthier...xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.