Severe Panic Attacks, xanax, trazadone

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello, I have had anxiety/panic disorder for about 2 years now. I've been on 20 mg of Prozac and recently due to a life event, I'm guessing, has caused me to have extremely bad panic attacks. I wanted to see some others thoughts on their panic attacks.... To described mine, they almost felt like they were ten times worse every time I had one. Couldn't breathe AT ALL. I would get this sort of rush or hot and cold feeling go through my body, shake really badly, and the worse of all, I would feel like this crazy feeling in my head kind of in front where my forehead is that made me feel like I was going crazy or wanted to hit my head against the wall to make it stop. HAS ANYONE EVER FELT LIKE THIS? Is it normal to have weird tingling annoying, irritating feelings in my head that make me feel like I'm going to go out of control?

Also, I am taking Xanax .25mg to help with these. Anyone have anything better that would help? I've always been terrified of Xanax and not being able to get off of it. In the beginning I took it a lot, and then during the years I took it every four or 5 days and now I'm back to taking it a lot again and really wanted to be done with it.

Also, they prescribed me Trazadone to take at night because thats when the panic attacks would occur. I haven't tried it cause I'm afraid to.... Anyone have any thoughts on that as well?

Sorry for all the questions, thanks for listening

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Hi! Actually yes! During a bad attack I get the hot and cold feeling. I describe it like a wave coursing through. I also get the tingling feeling in my forehead like right above my eyebrows in the middle of my forehead. I absolutely hate it too. Sometimes the feeling will stick with me all day. My husband sometimes knows when I'm getting anxious because I'll rub my forehead in that spot. You're not going crazy, it's just stupid anxiety!

• Posted

Hi. I used to take Cymbalta for around 10 years but it stopped working last September. The doc in went to tried my on Zoloft, Remeron and then Lexapro. i had such horrible side effects. I finally went to a new doc last March. She started me on only 2.5mg of Citalopram along with Klonopin. We figured out i am very sensitive to meds. She would increase my dose of Citalopram every 2 weeks until i made it to 15mg. it's a very low dose. I have to take one 10mg pill and cut another 10mg in half to get 15, but i am almost back to myself! I also weaned off the Klonopin. I was on it daily for about 4 months, but i no longer need it. i have some in my purse for emergencies, but i haven't had to take any since July! I also see a therapist twice a month which helps a lot! Recovery is possible. I've suffered on and off with this stupid anxiety stuff for 21 years!

• Posted

i am sorry to hear what going through. I am wondering if i am having panick attacks from quitting zopiclone..do you panick attacks effect your breathing so you cant walk to far or be active? and pain you get in your head, is it like behind the eyes and when youre active like walking etc? i am wondering if packing attacks are causing my breathing to normal things is why i ask, been to hospital to many times lately

• Posted

i still workout and what not, my panic attacks are something that when they come on i have to stop everything, i cant breathe i start shaking and after they are done i am so worn out from it my whole body is achy. right now i take xanax and i can tell taking it alot again has me feeling extremely tired, i constantly feel like im winded even going up a couple stairs.

• Posted

just to warn you, I am weaning off trazadone 50mg, I was on for less than 2 months, haven't taken it in a few days now but just from that short time it has somewhat sedated my body and it feels like my body is starting to wake up. 50mg is suppose to be nothing, but I have had my head cracking n popping since cutting down, i thin i am having panick attacks, blood pressure rocketing, dizzy, lights are strange and effected my breathing, so it might help short time man i am dreading next days to come if it s going to pout me hospital or not.. I am just giving you a heads up if you want to come of trazadone, IT WONT BE EASY, as what i am currently going through, i understand though youre in in a tough spot

• Posted

i decided not to take trazadone at all, so i will not have to worry about that. i didnt want to be on another medication on top of two others

• Posted

Hi I was on Trazodone and last week had 5 major panic attacks 3 requiring ambulance and 1 hospital.

Now almost off it and going to try Paroxatine (Seroxat)

Also had Diazepam 5mg previously which worked well for me but crashed next day. .

Peace 🙏

• Posted

Panic attack and couldn't breath at work so they called ambulance.

Another was whilst driving on a busy road / highway requiring emergency services to avoid a traffic accident.

And another was at hospital where ambulance crew was already there.

So embarrassing and I hate wasting anyone's time but I guess you now understand the reasons. . .

• Posted

sorry our going through so much! i am wondering did your panicking attacks make it hard to be active all the time or just during the attacks?

• Posted

like go to the store, walk around, or go the gym, like it effects your breathing

• Posted

No not at all excersise and activity have no bearing on panic, it's not a 'breathing issue' as such, the Panic attacks can happen anywhere at anytime.

The panic causes hyperventilation (rapid shallow breathing) which in turn causes more panic.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.