Severe panick and anxiety attacks with chest pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

Finally woke up quite calm this morning after days of waking with anxiety attacks. Then about an hour later started having anxiety and panic, Really bad. My BP jumped up to 140 / 100 and i was trembling, crying in despair, with bloated stomach and pain, upper back and rib pains, chest wall pain...where I almost thought I was going to die and needed to head to the emergency room. It settled down a bit, BP back to normal, but massive stomach issues with constipation...chest wall and rip pains still there. The wife is sick in bed with a stomach flu and i will be taking the son and his friend to the movies later on. I just hope I do not freak out in the theater with a panic attack. That is what really troubles me. I am so disgusted with myself. Feel like such a loser. Was doing so well and in 2015 the sh*t started catching up to me again.I hate it..I hate it. The anti-depris are not working anylonger....at least it feels that way, and the psycho therapy is back to point zero...I am lost...lost, and tomorrow I need to go back to work. I am so disgusted with myself. This condition will detroy me, my family and my profession......

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

hi I really feel for you as I have a panic/anxiety disorder that is one of my diagnoses and it can be unbearable sometimes .Do you take any medication for it?
    • Posted

Hi Russell. Yeah...since 2008 Ihave been going through this hell. I have been on Opipramol since years. It helped me in the past, but now it feels like it is not having any affect anylonger. Was on prozac for about a year also at the same time, which helped my depression. And I have gone through two long time therapy sessions...the last one which lasted over two years. Now she can see me once a month and it is still covered by the medical insurance. I suffer from PTSD also which popped up in 2008 but it is under control. I justcan't get a handle on the physical symptoms and the panic and anxiety.....
  • Posted

It seems that if you are not suffering with anxiety you bring it on yourself. Anxiety if you can realise is thoughts. You are creating adrenaline in your body and believe me that is all it is! Adrenaline when you feel the way you do accelerates the panic feelings. When you feel this way try and understand that it is just panic. Nothing will happen if you can try to understand this and breathe your way through it. If you can do that every time then eventually it will become an automatic reaction and you will overcome it. Kind regards
  • Posted

I come from england so I dont have to worry about medical insurance luckily but some times I think I would get better treatment If I had private medical care.through my psychiatrist I am prescribed 15 tablets 5mg of diazapam every 3 months which I take as and when I need to. which takes the edge off the extreme pysical symptoms it is a highly addictive medication hence the limit on the amount they will give me but it has helped me manage my panic disorder and my manic racing thoughts(that i get with my borderline personality disorder) along with talking therapies and peer support which are of most help to keep me stable.
  • Posted

i can feel you.. me if anxiety and panic attack strikes.. my BP Jumped to 155/100.. palpitations like hell! body pain and feels like i would die.. panic attack punched me almost every single night! panic attack affects my work bigtime! i nearly resign cuz i could not handle anymore..i got scared to go to work cuz i know panic attack will strikes anymoment.. scared to go out with my wife cuz same will happen i know..but there a medicine thats saves me.. propranolol.. 20mg i day.. or i take only if i have palpitaions.. and its saves me. but still panic attack haunts me down..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.