Severe prickly heat

Posted , 3 users are following.

since I was 14 yrs old I've been getting prickly heat each year it has gotten worse and worse I don't even have to go outside in the warm weather and I could be sat under a fan all day and still break out in severe prickly heat I find it hard enough when people say to me why you red and blotchy it's always extremely itchy on top which doesn't help so I'm very paranoid of what people are thinking and staring at me for there has only ever been one occasion where I didn't get prickly heat which was in another country but instead my eyes swelled up and I couldn't see a thing. so what I'm wondering is is there anything that can help really to prevent prickly heat or at least to make it more bearable as at the moment my chest back neck arms and hands are covered and it's really irritating me

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

This sounds a bit like an allergic reaction rather than prickly heat if it is affecting your eyes, and hands. Maybe an antihistimine might help.

Otherwise, showering morning and night to rinse off the sweat should help, along with a pH body cleanser or dermatological body cleanser. Ordinary soap will make it worse. There are some heat rash creams like 3B available. A wet face washer kept in the freezer and applied to affected area should relieve the itching, etc for the short term instead of scratching.

What has your dr said?

• Posted

Also don't wear polyester, nylon, etc. clothing. Wear only cotton, wool, perhaps rayon (which is made from wood pulp), linen, bamboo/cotton.

• Posted

Yes, definitely talk to your doctor. I Dont think you have HH, the symptoms are different. You may be having attacks that are effecting your nerves.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.