Severe psychopath hypochondria

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've had this type of hypochondria/harm ocd since the beginning of 2017. it stopped in march. now, all i could think of is the idea that we have the freedom to do absolutely anything...so what if one day i start harming people and start thinking like a psychopath? i'm really scared.......sad in my previous discussion, i mentioned the "no morals thing" and it scares me so much because i do have morals but my anxiety is questioning everything, including the existence of morals which makes me believe that i'm turning into a bad person....

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Hannah, fortunately or unfortunately we don't have the freedom to do absolutely anything which is why we have laws, we do have freewill say to steal a car but it's against the law and also goes against all moral standards which do and always will exist, morals is just a word to describe the difference between right and wrong and how we demonstrate our knowledge of right and wrong ie through our moral standards most of which we learn as we grow up.

You do have morals which will prevent you from doing any harm to anyone, your not going to turn into a psychopath, it's as you say your anxiety is presenting itself in the way you question things, my advise would be to try and stop yourself from analysing and questioning things.

Your not a bad person, just because you think these things doesn't make you a bad person at all, your moral standards and codes are pretty much hard wired at an early stage, and the fact that you scare yourself thinking that you could harm someone shows that your moral compass is working just fine.

Neil 

• Posted

thank you for replying so early. just a second before i saw ur reply i was contemplating searching the symptoms of psychopathy(?) to see if questioning the exsitence of morals is part of the early signs... i'm not going to do this because i'll probably have another panic attack. thank you! i've also realised that i DO have morals because i'd never steal a car. i think all of this is depersonlisation/derealisation because i'm obsessing over the existence of everything including morals. i just need more reassurance that i'm not a bad person and that i'm just got it all muddled up/// thank you smile

• Posted

I also have this. My stared as panic attacks in June 2017 and constant anxiety. Then I started thinking what if I go nutz and attack my family. So scary, it becomes an obsessive thought that scares me all day and night.
  • Posted

Your're not alone. Im cared to be around my loved ones cause my anxiety makes me think "what if today is the day." I literally pray to God to let me pass away in my sleep.

• Posted

Your're not alone. Im cared to be around my loved ones cause my anxiety makes me think "what if today is the day." I literally pray to God to let me pass away in my sleep.

• Posted

Hannah

If you have the aforementioned problems you need to talk to your GP, if you feel the need to harm or kill you need help

If these feelings manifest themselves and you feel the urge to harm call the Police or the NHS Information Line on Tel111 and explain how you are feeling and you need help. It may be you will need to be placed on a ward in hospital where you cannot harm anyone around you

BOB

• Posted

Hi Hannah

I believe these are not symptoms of psychopathy. This could be an atypical prodrome into a kind of psychosis though. Likely one that came through untreated anxiety. These are intrusive OCD type thoughts. Questioning these points is not an indication of a loosening inhibition. Probably the contrary. But at your expense.

Have you received any treatment for your condition so far? When did it all start? Do you come from an abusive background? Or have you witnessed some kind of immoral behaviour as young? How do you spend your days? Do you watch the news? What do you watch on TV? Are you socializing or withdrawing?

Anything you think may be pertinent, and you want to share, please do.

I am looking to see what your condition is and whether or not a doctor has assessed it and attempted to treat it. You deserve to be comfortable with yourself - everyone does. So let's look at causes and potential solutions rather than focusing on your currently overactive Plutonian mind. smile Sending love.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.