Severe side effects with Benicar

Posted , 2 users are following.

Please help! I have developed severe side effects from Benicar (Olesmarten). I have been taking Benicar for about 3 years. Over the years they have had to increase the milligram. In November the dose was increased to 40 mg once daily. I am now having terrible gastrointestinal side effects. I want to get off of Benicar, but am at a lose of what to move to. I have taken Losartan and had swollen feet and ankles and stiff joints. Metoprolol which gave me terrible brain fog. Lisinopril which worked well until they increased the milligram and I coughed my head off. Amilodipine which made my ears ring as loud as a freight train. Then they finally put me on Benicar which worked well until they had to increase the milligram and now the side effects are coming to the forefront. Burning in stomach and cramps and this week I started having diarrhea. If you have taken Benicar, what were you able to move to with little side effect or stress on the body? Changing meds is never easy or something I look forward to. I want to make the change before it permanently damages my stomach and gut. Thank you so much.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Diarrhoea does not mean your insides are getting worse, if anything it means the drugs are causing the digestive system to work harder.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.