Severe Skin Rash - can't get answer from GP as to what it is, advice needed

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi

?I have been suffering from a painful, red, itchy rash on the back of my hands, lower legs and feet for near on a fortnight now.

?The rash started on my feet and has since spread to my legs, hands and now some are starting on the outside of my ears.

?I have been to my GP twice, had blood tests which have come back as no further action required, also have been to A&E because I am struggling to walk with the pain in my feet.

?On the second visit to the GP, she couldn't tell me what the rash was, but thought as it may be bacterial, to try a course of Augmentin to kill any bacteria that may be causing it.

?As a last ditch attempt and before I try and see a Dermatologist, I am wondering whether anyone can shed any light on what the rash may be or whether they can give me a name for it as I may be treating it incorrectly - pictures are attached, apologies they aren't very nice.

Any advice would be appreciated.

?Thanks

2 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I had a similar thing. It my be a Candida yeast infection or food allergy (one day your body is happy with a food and then not). Try a fast on chicken broth for 3 days if you want to get an immediate answer (and lose some wait too!). The first time I had a similar rash I was going nuts due to the itching and lack of sleep. My doc told me I'd have hives forever. Found an article written by German docs on Candida and fasted on water for 3 days. The rash was gone.....and so was my GP!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.