Severe stabbing pain in private area?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi everyone.

I'm a 25 yr old female. I'm having sharp severe stabbing pain in my private area. Could this be due to a UTI? I noticed a day ago I peed very little and urine was hot. I've had a UTI in the past due to dehydration. Doctor told me to always stay hydrated. I don't drink water at all. I don't like it. I drink soda. The pain is severe I double over in pain.

Thanks for any advice💖

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

What kind of soda drink ? - it shouldn't be sugary. Plain water is best.

• Posted

I will start drinking water now and cut back on the soda.💖Thanks

• Posted

Go to a doctor to find out what's going on.  You need to drink 32 ounces of liquid a day, Soda is a liquid, true, but diet soda or soda made with sugars  are not healthy for you. If you don't like water's taste you can squeeze a lemon or a lime in it.  Once you consume enough water, your body will start to work properly.  Our bodies are mostly water, so expecting yours to function on soda is like washing your clothing in soda and expecting it to be clean.  Uti's can spread to your kidneys and cause even worse problems later on.  Start taking care of yourself!  

• Posted

Thank you Lynda. Wow I liked the metaphor.👏I will try to drink water and start taking care of myself. I agree💖

• Posted

Well, thank you.  I did think I was being a bit severe...but you only have one body. smile Best of luck to you.  Remember, you're the only one who can take care of your precious self properly.  No one else will do it for you! xx

• Posted

It is most likely a UTI.  Water is a must, even if you like to add lemon, or some type of enhancer to help it taste better.  Dehydration is a culprit of uti’s.  A Dr can give you an antibiotic to clear it up.  I’ve had this infection due almost 2 weeks and it’s horrible!!
    • Posted

Hi Audrey,

If you've had your infection for 2 weeks the antibiotic's not working.  If it's effective against the bacteria you have you should start to feel better in 3-4 days.  xx

• Posted

I agree it's horrible I had it once too. The pain is unbearable and the need to pee too.sad I heard cranberry juice helps so you won't get UTI's. Now that you have it, it won't work but take all the meds so you'll get better.👍Hope you feel better💖

• Posted

Hi thank you for writing.  They are on a 3rd antibiotic, and I finally have slight relief with the burning, but the vagina area is still really sore/tender.  The urgency is getting slightly better, but I was still up a lot last night.  I started the 3rd antibiotic on Monday am.  They did an ultrasound last night on my pelvic area, and I have an appointment with a urologist in 2 weeks.  I hope it goes away soon, I’m so exhausted 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.