Severe stabbing pain in upper right part of abdomen when reclining or lying down.

Posted , 6 users are following.

Ive been experiencing a plethora of weird symptoms that i originally thought were heart problems, but im beginning to think they are stomach related, which makes more sense because im only 23.

Today after i ate some oatmeal, i sat down on the coach and began to recline/sink back into it, and about half a second later, i got an extremely sharp stabbing pain in the right side of my abdomen (id say upper-ish). It immediately jolted me and i sat back up.

Ive also been experiencing sharp chest/back pain occassionally at night when waking up to go to the bathroom that gets worse when breathing in or moving my torso.

Im unsure if they are related but wanted to see if these symptoms point to anything obvious.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

dont know if theres a wait to edit original post on mobile but my bowels have not really been normal and ive either been constipated OR it comes out too easily/watery.

• Posted

That could be your gallbladder or liver. Also if you are getting chest and back pain that gets worse with breathing in you should get checked for pulmonary embolism or emboli. get a d-dimer blood test and liver function test. Also ask about getting a CT scan or mri for your stomach to check everything.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.