Severe stomach pain

Posted , 6 users are following.


I have crohns in my stomach and am on Humira, however i've developed a severe dull pain in my stomach, finding it hard to swallow and blood specs coming up on the tissue. Should i go to hospital?

0 likes, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

  • Posted

    I would def get that checked either GP or urgent care if you're in the uk.

    wishing you well.

    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    Call your doctor's office for appointment. Checking your throat and a kit for a stool sample completed at home over three days and returned to office. This will rule out anything serious for your peace of mind. Stress and diet are a big factor. Get your sleep, steam your veg's and limit your red meat to once a month if your doctor hasn't taken you completely off it ( it is extremely hard on a Crohns sufferer.) Fish, fish and fish is your new friend. Steamed fish, or lightly battered and fried in coconut oil. Also, cold salmon salad, fish kebabs and etc.

    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    Hi laura 85157

    I feel that you should definitely go to Hospital. You need them to do some good tests on you to check is what causing the trouble. I would feel that they need to investigate all of the problems you are experiencing. I have never been on Humura but I am sure others within the group can tell you if they have suffered similar side attects.  I am really sorry that you are suffering so badly, but it is important for you to find a gastro entermology specialist to explain the situation to you. Don't be frightened to ask for a second opinion, if you feel they are palming you off and that you are not really feeling any better. Believe me, there are good specialists out there, but it may take you some time to find them. You could try

    NACC which is a charity which deals with Crohns and Colitis. Good luck and don't be frightened to ask for help.

    Best wsihes


    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    Hi, I agree with others go to a &e  asp. 

    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    Hi Laura.

    Not sure what Humira is. However with a dull pain in your stomach, i suggest you see ur GP. I tend to use some omeperazole when i get such pain and it dies help. Good luck

    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up