Severe stomach pains, lasting 3 years. At final straw. Please help!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, Im 19 years old and have been experience severe stomach pains for the last three years. Im now at the final point where its effecting me in my everyday life, going to work, seeing friends, im scared to eat incase it sets it off, im scared to drink or do anything incase I get this pain.

The pain isnt constant. It comes in what you might call episodes. Everything will be fine and then boom out of no where I get this agonizing pain at the very top of my stomach, just where the bra sits right in the centre. The pain dosn't build up from mild to severe, when it comes on it comes and goes straight to a 10. The pain can last from minuets to hours. Without fail, im always sick. Its a kind of cycle, I get the pain, im then violently sick, I come out in massive sweats, as if ive just got out of a shower, dripping head to toe. I also go the toilet ( if you know what i mean)

Ive been going to the docotors for 3 years, ive been to A&E 4 times its been that bad. Normally i just take a LOT of strong painkillers and try ride through it. But its at the point now where I cant do this anymore. Ive had blood tests, they have tested my fluidids, ive had multipul ultrasounds, The first one found nothing (2014) and the second one (2016) found gaulstones. Please if anyone has any idea what this could be? Or has experienced anything similar and knows anything that can help with these pains. Thank you x

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Were you treated for your gallstones? Perhaps ask for a HIDA scan to check your gallbladder.
    • Posted

No I wasn't treated for them. The gallstones were discovered 2 years after my first ultrasound. so they ruled them out and decided it wasn't anything to do with them. I had an ultrasound last night in A&E which confirmed they were still there but looked like they are causing no harm!

• Posted

After your ultrasound, did they suggest what else it could be?
    • Posted

Nope. Totally clueless, called me back to the doctors told me the results were ok and they believed my gallstones were not effecting me. Told me to book another appointment if I felt any more pain
    • Posted

That is the best thing to do.  Keep going back to the doctor until you get answers.

• Posted

you said they found  gaulstones? well that is probably your problem  they might be small but  that is still be causing the pain if they dont remove your gaulbladder you have to avoid certain foods  fried foods  fatty ,nuts are terrible  too
    • Posted

Yes they found gallstones. So even tho the hospital have checked them and said they are ok and causing no problems, do you suggest i go back and bring them up again? They also say where im experiencing my pain isnt where gallstone pain normally happens. Thanks for helping! 
  • Posted

This statment is not to sound mean but welcome to the club of the sick with no answers to help. If you have been reading the blogs you will see some of us have dealing with our health for years and are very frustrated because we are sick, our lives suck and we go see the doctor and they do all kinds of tests and the answer you get is all is fine or you are in the normal range. Those answers aren't helping to make our lives better. Have you take a few rounds of antibiotics for any problem the reason for asking is many of us have and it seems that is where some of problems have started but the doctors don't think that could be the reason. So just keep a diary of when the pain started and how long it lasts and what you ate or what you did just before the attack and then when you see your doctor you can show him/her the info as some point the doctors have to sit up and say lets see what we can find. Again in todays world of all this technology you would think somewhere out there they can find a solution to help so many of us. Also keep watching these posts in case someone posts a bit of solution to help us have a little bit of sanity day.

• Posted

No no, I understand I am not the first person to be going through this. Im in no doubt that a lot of people feel the same way as me, I just thought it was an idea to write about it and see if anyone had experienced anything similar. Yes i have started doing a food diary and making notes of what ive been doing before each attack. Thanks for the adivce, and yes I agree. Hopfully one day answers will be given to us all.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.