Severe Stomache pains with no results...

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone, I am a 47 yo female and have had some of the most horrible stabbing nawing pain in and under my left and right rib cage area. Have had 2 hida scans, multiply blood tests, 2 lights ran down my throat, all with nothing except h palori. I got past the h palori, was diagnosed with chrones IBD w/ constipation, ulcerative colitis, diverticulitis, and numerous other conditions. i have scar tissue on my pancreas with scar tissue lining my small intestines. I am at a weight of 120lbs, i am a smoker, i dont do drugs or drink and was fairly active. My symptoms started when I was pregnant with my 4th child over 20 years ago. Yes, I have been hurting, since then. I take prilosec OTC, Zantac 150, and tylonol with benedryl. Occasionally I take a carafait pill. The pain is always the same and hurts to the point of taking my breath. When I go into my doctor he just looks at me like I am stupid when I tell him, I am hurting again. So what do you do with this pain, its horrible. I have hurt so long and complained so much my family thinks i am a hypochondriac, but honestly the pain is horrid. Is there any hope in sight?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Shirley; so sorry you ahve been in pain for so long; i have for 7 years; and it is horrific. Had appendicits pain for 8 months -literally screaming pain, and had to WORK; because no one can see pain. So i do feel for you very much.

i know it may sound a little 'daft' but lack of vitamins can be a big issue with the body and affect it; badly. Docs give vitamins; and vitamin injections to people iwht various illnesses; so it can have a significant impact on pain and suchlike; esp with undiagnosed digestive issues. For instance, B vitamins to help the nerves recover, proxene xs for arthritis, some tablets reduce uric acid and so on and so forth.  Therefore i would recommend you look at what vitamins you may be missing in your diet.

Garlic for instance is akin to penicillin in itsproperties (as well as anti-oxidant and anti inflammatory). so i would look at reducing inflammation by introducing a whole tonne of anti-inflammatory foods, and anti-oxidant foods to assit the blood to clear toxins (thinking that pain killers can build up toxins). I apologise if you are already doing this; and it's stating the obvious - but things like magnese and potassium need regularly introducing to your system. also try and introduce some digestive enzymes; to assist with absorpotion (you can get these froma health food shop).. and of course there aresome natural pain killers you can look up to assist in addition.

constipation can be caused by pain killers and some natural laxatives (coffee, diabetic chocolate - not too much! sugar free sweets, and taking a lot of garlic pills !! ) can assist this too.  

pancreas also deals with glucose; so have that checked out; and try and 'fix' the nerves by introducing the relevant vitamins and give it a go fora month.  And try and reduce the amount of caffeine/ alcohol (if applicable);as this is  a biggie for this type of issue..

I hope this is of assistance, and if you are able to figure out which vitamins coudl improve yr particular issue; then i would appreciate the info.  smile Good luck!!!

• Posted

j30542, Thank you for the info, i will try some of this and see if it helps. Ill try anythng at this point, and I will have to have the vitamen injections, because of the bowel situation. But I really do appreciate the info. I will let you no in a couple of weeks to the outcome.
    • Posted

hi Shirley; i have just had a bit of a revelation and wanted to share. It is going to sound perhaps 'so daft' ; i have noticed that my  love of tea/ coffee is making matters worse. So i searched (some time ago) when i was feeilng really poorly for substitute food; whilst i was unable to eat. I found that Slim fast had more calories in it than complan. It has a wide range of vitamins in it. i wasn't on a diet; but needed the nutrition and to try to put some extra weight on so i had it as well as my food,  just had the chocolate wtih some hot water. thinking this might help you to quickly resolve whether it is vitamin related; after that it may be slightly harder to identify which vitamins... !!! smile just a thought you might like to try it for a week.
  • Posted

Hi J, I have to say I to have a caffiene problem, I drink Coke Cola and it does make it worse. But I drink lots and lots of water, I have noticed that the water from the faucet has some kind of qualities in it that does help. Those nutriional drinks that you metioned are a big NO, NO, for me. You see I was so lucky to have all the other stomach conditions that include assistamatic celiac desease. Its not exactly celiac but I cant take in wheat, barely, or rye, in which those drinks include. I have even tried those that are gluten free, but to no avail they arent for me. I truely thank you for your help. If you can think of anything else please post.

Thank you,

shirley

• Posted

Thx Shirley; woudl be good to know if you can find a solution; may help me too.smile xxx Thx for replying!!
  • Posted

Hi Shirley.

i have had a bit of a revelation today; by chance i went to the health food shop (for liver cleansing vitamin foodstuffs); as i decided to go after my health issues starting from the basics.  I read up on glutamine;  and got some tablets and a range of other stuff; the woman in the shop recommended aloe vera colon cleanse juice (i honestly don't work for the shop or aloe vera!! ).  i got that along with some apriocts / macadamia nuts and milk thistle and some dried cranberries.i took some turmeric earlier too.  my whole abdomen hasn't felt this good for a long while.. i don't know which it is; but i thought  i would share asap. i did have to take  a pain killer earlier;  and am unsure how it has worked becuase the pain under hte rib cage - has almost ceased to nil.my abdomen almost feels normal... i shall try and keep you updated!! but thought i woudl let you know soonest.  

• Posted

J, I am glad you have found this. My neice whom has the same symptoms, told me to try some aloe tablets just the other night. I was wondering if it was worth the money to fool  with it. But I had a really bad episode Monday night and I seem to think it was a virus. I do beleive with all the stomach bugs that pass through us it has something to do with bacteria, I had taken a Bactrim antibiotic and it really releived the pain, the only downfall is  that after I take it for a couple of days, I have stomach burn sooooo bad. I do think it has to do with the flora of the bowl bacteria. Just a guess. 
    • Posted

hi shirley; sorry to keep bugging you! yeah; i can agree re the antibiotics;

i hsall stick with boht the glutamine and the aloe cleanse; so shall let you know (if you don't mind).. two minds maybe better than one. well beter than my one!! . smile Thanks for yoru support. mean that. smile my abdo feels much much better this evening; though i did have pain when i ate earlier.. so shall give it time..

• Posted

Just an update: Had a cat scan done with contrast last week and found I have an abscess on my liver. Going for a cystoscopy tomorrow to check urinary tract. Wish me luck on finding the problem I am having. And say a prayer please.
    • Posted

Hi Shirley.. well at least they have 'found ' this out!!! smile  I don't know a lot about abscesses; but i do know that H pylori can contribute; did the offer you the test when you first presented the issue with them? 

just to let you know that the liquorice tablets kill h pylori and cranberries & oregano together inhibit h pylori; in addition Milk thistle assists in clearing and to some extent 'healing' the liver. Though i have no knoweldge of 'abscesses ' per se; but you might want to think about reading up on oregano oil; and perhaps speak to your GP if you start any other form of treatment or are taking warfarin. make sure you are geting a regular amount of vitamin k too (not too much!)..smile keep safe and so glad you have an answer; and thank you for sharing; really pleased that you are getting treatment finally. smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.