Severe symptoms after surgery - feel extremely ill - help

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi guys !

I'm nearly 3 weeks post-op but have been back to my gyn/surgeon multiple times.

I am still extremely nauseous and getting intermittent pain from moderate to extreme.

I've been taking anti-nausea (ondansetron) and it helps but the nausea comes back again and again. 

I had my right ovary taken out as it was completely necrotic due to undetected torsion due to the cyst which had also made it all tangled up and adhered with other organs.

I went to see her today and she ordered a CT and blood tests.

When I got home however, I developed severe abdominal/pelvic pain with diarrhea and the nausea came back even though I had just taken the nausea meds 2 hours ago. It is not going away.

I do have to mention that 3 weeks ago I had a 1cm smaller cyst in my left ovary and they wanted to remove it to prevent it from growing but since they ended up having to take my right out, they didn't want to touch it.

I can't stand it anymore. Does anyone have any ideas ?

THANK YOU !

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I don't understand cause i had my left ovary and tube taking out and i am ok when they removed it did your doctor say that everything went ok as far as the surgery went hang in there everything will be ok

• Posted

Everything went fine with the surgery but she did say it was more complicated than expected/ as my cyst had adhesions to nearby organs.

What hasn't gone away is the discomfort/nausea. Discomfort is intermittent but it does come back. Im still taking anti-nausea meds.

Thanks for the reply !

• Posted

U are welcome and don't worry everything will be ok just think positive

• Posted

I would go to the hospital. You may have an infection. The nausea is strange but may be a symptom of infection.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.