Severe throat infections for 3 years. Local ENTs are clueless

Posted , 3 users are following.

If you are an ENT or have any knowledge of throat health please read and respond. For the past 3 years I have been getting severe throat infections typically every 1 to 3 months. All of them test negative for streptococcus, and doctors always call them viral infections (nothing specific). Antibiotics such as Amoxicillin and Ceftin have never treated these infections. Instead, the only thing that I have found that works is shots of rocephin and decadron. After about a year and a half of this occuring I was told to get my tonsils removed. I did this procedure and noticed no change in the amount of infections. I recieved a CT scan of my sinus today and the same ENT who has no cure other than shooting me up with as many steroids and antibiotics as possible said it looked mildly bad and possibly could be a cause of my throat infections but said he was not confident. Tomorrow I am getting bloodwork done to try and figure out if I have an autoimmune deficiency. I can send pictures of my throat while sick or have a further conversation over the phone to try and figure out what is causing this. My number is 2057651952. Thanks in advance~ Davis

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Davis,

Sorry to hear about you issue and not able to diagnose the reason for sore throat. Treating unknown reason is vain i suppose.

I think sore throat is a symptoms, you might be having other issue like acid reflux, candida.. or fungus.. have you checked those ?

Avoid all sugar & fuzzy drinks... dont take anything cold. this is should help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.