Severe Tiredness Duloxetine 60mg

Posted , 11 users are following.

i have been taking Duloxetine for two years for depression and headache pain.  It has helped with both but has left me with the worst possible daytime tiredness.

I was tested for sleep apnea and found to have it mildly, I now sleep with a machine and have that under control but still want to sleep all day every day.

my Doctor said last week that maybe increasing Duloxetine/Cymbalta to 120mg it might have the adverse effect on my tiredness.

has anyone ever had this these extreme tiredness problems with this drug and heard of it being treated with higher doses.

i am currently upping my dose.  If that fails I will take myself completely off the drug which is a shame as it works well in the two areas I went on it for, it's just this overwhelming tiredness that is with me 24/7

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Gabby you are on a high dose have you tried to reduce on

alternative days?.Duloxatine also gives me nightmares.

Its not much of a life is it never ever thought this life would be in store having been so active and busy.Had an eye melanoma this

year and have my suspicions it has been triggered by Duloxatine as the lesion has been there for over 30 years.All doctors say

is there is no evidence but it can give you glacoma.Charming eh!

• Posted

Yes, this is my 1st month for taking 120 mg Cymbalta. First 2 wks I had energy and the cloud was gone, but on the 3rd wk. I am experiencing extreme tiredness, nausea,muscle achess, and depression. I need to change meds.
  • Posted

To all migraine (and other headaches) patients: It is scientifically proven that psychedelics like magic mushrooms or LSD can ease or vanish the symptoms. THE SAME GOES FOR: Depression. Some people's depression was gone forever after the use of just one dose.

• Posted

I've been on it now 2 years for anxiety leading to severe ibs which has ruined my life for 20 years.

Like you duloxetine 60mg has helped me 90 percent, but I too am dead tired 24/7 and feel that all my energy has been sucked out. I also have really aching limbs etc and cough a lot!!!!!

• Posted

I want to thank you for asking this question. I was just recentely put on this drug and I am soooo tired. I have a 9 year old son and summer just started. I can barely get out of bed. I AM GONNA WEAN MYSELF OFF.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.