Severe Upper Abdominal Pain: Gastritis, Pancreatitis, Hernia, or Ulcer?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello everyone,

I pray that those who are suffering may find relief. Here is my story please help me diagnose what it could be.

So I went to doc few months ago for a routine checkup, I did not have any pain or any other symptoms of, but doc ordered H.pylori test and it came positive. He prescribed tripple therapy for 7 days. Now I dont take medicines at all I eat healthy and was physically fit but upon reading that hpylori can cause cancer and stuff I decided to give tripple therapy a go. 2nd day of my treatment I developed strong upper stomach pain and severe bloating, I went to doc and told him that I am in unbearable pain because of the meds he simply told me it would be better if you could complete the 7 day course so I gained all my strength and completed 7 days course, I felt like I was dying during the course the pain was unbearable.

It has been 3 months or more since I took my last dose of tripple therapy, I completed the course but hpylori was not eradicated, instead I am left with this severe pain. Its unbearable, following is the condition I am suffering from:

Severe upper stomach pain its more focused on left side under ribcage, its always there unbearable pain but moves towards back but sometimes its so painful I feel like I am going to die. I am a guy and strong but this pain is unbearable, I have lost my appetite, My bowel movements are ok, I dont feel burning or acid reflux well ocassionaly maybe when the pain gets really unbearable I may feel some acid reflux. Slight nausea as well. Stomach feel sore and feels like upper stomach wall is bruised. I was always a healthy eater I dont eat junk food and I dont drink, smoke or do drugs not even meds.

I am not sure what it is but during the day or sometimes at night it gets so painful that I feel like I am going to die. And even slight physical activity like tightening a nut aggravates it so much that my upper stomach feels shredded and stiff painful stomach wall can be felt when moving. I am not doing anything from the past 3 months I just either sit or lie on bed or walk in the home. I have lost my strength because of eating so less and because of bearing the pain it makes you exhausted.

My ultrasound, lipase, amylase, iron levels,complete blood picture/count, lfts, rfts, c reactive protein, stool test (blood/mucus and other major intestinal bugs) all came back clear. I want to avoid doing endoscopy for obvious reason, plus the pain I am suffering from added to my fear of not doing endoscopy.

- Based on my symptoms what do you people think it is? Its almost like pancreatitis, could it be gastritis, ulcer, hernia or something else. Remember I am suffering from this pain only after tripple therapy (Esomeprazole, Clarithromycin, Clarithromycin).

- I am thinking about using natural remedies (Mastic Gum), I tried nexium yesterday and it aggravated the pain so I think I have become allergic to to esomeprazole.

- Does Mastic Gum help in Ulcer healing and Gastritis?

- Can Gastritis or Ulcer cause severe pain only, without any burning?

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi All,

I have been going through the same thing, only I haven't been diagnosed with H Pylori.  I am in constant upper abdominal pain, I can't eat, i am depressed and don't know where to turn.  I have been to Er, family Doc and gastro, for the past 2 years.  pain is only getting worse for me.  Feel like I can't go on anymore like this.  I am on Nexium and Zantac, neither is helping.

• Posted

Does movements like walking or doing daily chores affect your pain or touches your pain?
  • Posted

Human being,

How are you feeling now. I have the same exact feeling. I had burning in my chest that I took Pepcid for 2 days and had a bad reaction so I was put in carafate. 3 weeks later I have this horrible gut wrenching pain of feeling like I’m winded from being punched in the stomach. You said you had back pain too. Have you ever thought it might be a misaligned rib that pressing on a nerve in your stomach causing you to spasm and clench? This is what I’m trying to rule out with my endoscopy. Best of luck to you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.