Severe Vertigo~ 12 Year old son

Posted , 11 users are following.

I'm desperate...My 12 year old son has had severe 24/7 Vertigo for 5 months now along with 24/7 nauseousness. He made a comment how he just wishes he wasn't alive and he cant handle it anymore. The ENT diagnoses him with Vestibular Neuritis and that only time will tell. The doctor also said he should be getting better by now...But my son is getting worse. If anyone can suggest the best top doctors for my son...anywhere. I'm desperate. Thank you 

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Where are you located, so that we may recommend someone?

Eleftherios S. Papathanasiou, PhD, FEAN

Clinical Neurophysiologist

Fellow of the European Academy of Neurology

• Posted

I had VN for nearly 8 months so can certainly sympathize with your son. It was horrible and many days I felt like giving up. From what I have learned it is not that unusual for this to last months but it DOES end and he can get back to a normal life and be back better than ever. Please let him know he's not alone and that things will return to normal before he knows it and this whole experience will just make him a stronger person overall. Hang in there! You are all in my thoughts

• Posted

Hello bilbo543. If you don't mind how long before you started to feel better able to work/drive? Did you do any therapy or take meds? I am 2 months in. Did you make a full recovery? Were your symptoms 24/7? Sorry with all the questions but it is so great with success stories and are few.

• Posted

I was able to work and drive after about a month but basically just laid in bed for many months after that when I was off work. I saw a PT and did rehab therapy. I didn't take any meds l, as anything they gave me never did anything. I would say I'm about 98% better now.. I feel great but still feel timid a lot, almost like a ptsd kind of thing where I get scared of dizziness but it never really comes

• Posted

Yes I know what you mean my anxiety has been so high. If I ever get over this I too will always be afraid of it. Hope I can work soon. I'm just so afraid to. My co workers will say I've had a ear infection before and I say no you don't understand this is wayyyy different lol Hate explaining the illness to those who don't know because you can't explain it.Did you also have the bouncy vision and unable to focus? I have a horrible time at night I can't be out after dark. My vision goes bonkers!!!!!

• Posted

Have you gone private?
    • Posted

It's a little different in US . You pay monthly for health insurance and you go wherever you want. I just started out with my GP. Now next appointment is with ENT.

• Posted

This may not be the issue but worth looking into. You neck when strained can cause all kinds of problems. Google SCM issues and take a look and see if this can be the iussue.
    • Posted

Hi Rocksolid

I've been seeing people mention that lately and I forgot to mention it to neurologist . I see him again at end of June I'll bring it up then .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.